Hi from prospective new buyer :)

Tron-19

Jan 4, 2013
Hey chaps. Thought I'd make my first post my introduction. I'm martin from Suffolk. I've got a test drive in a '12 Leon FR Supercopa tomorrow, if I like it ill buy it :)

Just gonna look through the old threads now and see who else has one and see what they think... Hopefully get to know some of you lot soon :)

Tron-19

Jan 4, 2013
Just got back from my test drive in the supercopa :) love it.

I originaly wanted the silver BBS rims, but this one had the black rims and I must say they grew on me and I think they match the car very well.

Dealer was trying to fleece me p/x wise and I stood my ground, and then some. On the verge of walking away the sales manager came up with what I wanted to pay anyway, so hands were shaken :)

I'm just waiting now as the finance has been put through but apparently because its Saturday it can take some time. So now I'm nervously sat at home waiting for my phone to ring...

Fingers crossed ;)

Tron-19

Jan 4, 2013
I got the white one, non dsg (still prefer a manual). Thanks guys. Ill be getting some Sportlines ASAP too, and taking the Leon lettering off the boot, just keep it cleaner looking.

Loving it so far :)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Hi mate, fellow Supercopa with black wheels owner here.

Yours petrol or diesel?

Get your mirror caps wrapped or painted black, it will look lots better.

Welcome to the forum.

Tron-19

Jan 4, 2013
Thanks Nath. I went for an oil burner, consumption is a factor with me :(

I originally wanted the silver rims, but on seeing the black in the flesh I preferred these ones.

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
You will find that the tyres go grey looking and spoil the look of the black wheels. I recommend AutoGlym tyre dressing. Squirt some into an old aerosol can lid and apply it with a 1 inch paint brush.

Tron-19

Jan 4, 2013
Me too. Just noticed ejr got his vagcom lead and enabled needle sweep too, that's something I want doing also but don't trust myself with computers. If I can find someone closeby ill see if they can enable it for me, and stop my fog lights coming on every time I go round corners lol, thats what the adaptive xenons are for.

Last edited:

Tron-19

Jan 4, 2013
You will find that the tyres go grey looking and spoil the look of the black wheels. I recommend AutoGlym tyre dressing. Squirt some into an old aerosol can lid and apply it with a 1 inch paint brush.

Thanks for that mate, I'll get some the weekend!

Oh and I'm gonna get an iPod cable at last.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Thanks for that mate, I'll get some the weekend!

Oh and I'm gonna get an iPod cable at last.

Don't go paying silly money for an ipod cable. You can get one for about a tenner.

I find that I copy and paste music onto a 16gb SD card and play music off of that, works very well. If you buy a one that is black you really can't see it when it's in the slot.

The only down side to the car is no speed camera alerts on the nav.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I'm very close to Cambridge mate.

Oh right, miles away from me. There are plenty of peeps on here with VCDS locally that should be able to do the mods for you. Or you can start running it in by visiting me and I'll do it.

I'm in Eastleigh, very close to Southampton. Probably about 125 miles each way. :(

Tron-19

Jan 4, 2013
Nath your full of good ideas mate. The 16gb card would be much better, I completely forgot about the slot :)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Nath your full of good ideas mate. The 16gb card would be much better, I completely forgot about the slot :)

I think you can go bigger than 16gb but don't quote me on it.

Some more good ideas.

LED DRL bulbs

LED sidelight bulbs

LED reg plate bulbs

Did all mine on day 1 too.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.