Hi from the north east, and remap advice?

arobson90

Feb 24, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi everyone, I have just purchased a 2003 Seat Leon Cupra 1.9TDi 150. I have done a lot of reading on here and elsewhere and just need advice on who to get to do the remap? I know that custom code is better and I have narrowed it down to 3 companies:

Revolution in gateshead - Quoting +34bhp and +87 Nm torque - £299
Sedox Performance Sunderland - +40bhp and +60 Nm torque - £299
Eclipse Performance Sunderland - +32 bhp and +82 Nm torque - on offer £199 (not sure if theirs is custom as it is not stated on website)

If you can recommend anyone else or have experience with any of the above please let me know.

Thanks
Andrew

Last edited:

arobson90

Feb 24, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
I do not have to have custom, the first two companies only do custom code which is in house design. I cannot find any reviews and do not know anyone who has used eclipse which is leading to some doubt.

Thanks

Dobbyboy

Dec 27, 2012
Sunderland
Hi everyone, I have just purchased a 2003 Seat Leon Cupra 1.9TDi 150. I have done a lot of reading on here and elsewhere and just need advice on who to get to do the remap? I know that custom code is better and I have narrowed it down to 3 companies:

Revolution in gateshead - Quoting +34bhp and +87 Nm torque - £299
Sedox Performance Sunderland - +40bhp and +60 Nm torque - £299
Eclipse Performance Sunderland - +32 bhp and +82 Nm torque - on offer £199 (not sure if theirs is custom as it is not stated on website)

If you can recommend anyone else or have experience with any of the above please let me know.

Thanks
Andrew

Hello mate, just for info I spoke to eclipse performance last week the offer was £199 inc vat. They use copy stored maps from some other tuning place down south( not sure which one). These have been proved so am told. They don't rolling road your vehicle. Although lad I work with had his camper van remapped and he said its been great with no problems!.

I just ordered a tuning box off eBay for £18 reckons 30-35bhp more which I doubt like. The reviews have been good and I mate has same one on passat.

Gotta buy two new tyres this month so skins lol.

Get some more posts up and a few pictures of your motor mate.:D

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Why would you want a non-custom map? Not sure what "just" going stage1 has to do with that. In any case, it's better to have a map best suited to your unique car.

On mk5gti forum Sedox are much used. That's why I have chosen them for my work. And they do rolling road before and after as part of the price.
Along with that, Dave has been developing maps for years and years based on all of the dyno runs and project cars they have.

Revolution is also highly regarded and have a good client base.

Never heard of Eclipse

arobson90

Feb 24, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dobbyboy thanks for the info, and I am hopefully picking up the car Saturday at which point I will take plenty of photos and get some uploaded mate.

And shnazzle they are my thoughts exactly on the custom mapping you want the best for your car and I would definately want the rolling road testing so that I know what the outcomes are. I think I will give Dave a call later today, thanks.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Dobbyboy thanks for the info, and I am hopefully picking up the car Saturday at which point I will take plenty of photos and get some uploaded mate.

And shnazzle they are my thoughts exactly on the custom mapping you want the best for your car and I would definately want the rolling road testing so that I know what the outcomes are. I think I will give Dave a call later today, thanks.

It'll be Dave or Mark, Dave being the head-honcho.

Sedox is a little less "MOOREEEE POOOWWEEEERR!!!" and make sure you're not losing reliability or driveability...unless that's what you ask for of course.
Also they won't hesitate to tell you to not bother if your engine is near end, or to tell you to piss off if you tell them you want to remap because you want to beat lots of people on the road.

Get some pics up and enjoy! Let us know what you do

Dobbyboy

Dec 27, 2012
Sunderland
Why would you want a non-custom map? Not sure what "just" going stage1 has to do with that. In any case, it's better to have a map best suited to your unique car.

On mk5gti forum Sedox are much used. That's why I have chosen them for my work. And they do rolling road before and after as part of the price.
Along with that, Dave has been developing maps for years and years based on all of the dyno runs and project cars they have.

Never heard of Eclipse

Might have a pop to sedox didn't even know they where there mate. Be interesting to see what mines like after decat and tuning box. You know approx how Kuching they charge for rolling road?

arobson90

Feb 24, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi Dobby

Their prices can be found on their website, I can't post URL due to lack of posts.

Assuming your 2 wheel drive it is £50

Let me know the results.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2011
hull

Never heard of Eclipse

Why not to have a custom map. Yes they are grate maps and they get the most out of mods done to your car but if all u have done is mapped it and left everything else alone a custom mapp is no diffrent from any other apart from price that's why I asked what's makin u want custom.

Custom is best and more designed for a car with extra mods ie exhaust induction kit hybrid turbo etc etc etc due to the custom sets up the ecu to allow for te extra gains an benefits u have fitted.
But if nothing extra has been fitted or nothing has been changed there is no point of the extra cost of a custom mapp.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Why not to have a custom map. Yes they are grate maps and they get the most out of mods done to your car but if all u have done is mapped it and left everything else alone a custom mapp is no diffrent from any other apart from price that's why I asked what's makin u want custom.

Custom is best and more designed for a car with extra mods ie exhaust induction kit hybrid turbo etc etc etc due to the custom sets up the ecu to allow for te extra gains an benefits u have fitted.
But if nothing extra has been fitted or nothing has been changed there is no point of the extra cost of a custom mapp.

Every car is unique out of factory. They can be very close to each other depending on the manufacturing process. But take 10 exact same cars and Dyno them, and I will buy you a beer if they all show the same results.

Hence....custom map.
A "box" will do....but it won't get the best out and may even cause damage

arobson90

Feb 24, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dobbyboy yes they seem to have quite a good reputation and a lot of experience.

A follow up question everyone, the car I have bought has done just ticked 80k, full service history and cam belt kit at 56k.

Is it safe to remap on the clutch that is in or should I wait and save for an uprated clutch too?

Also the cam belt period is 4 years or 60k, the belt will have been on 4 years in November, but will only have done roughly 30-35k, should I wait or adhere to the 4 year rule?

Thanks

Dobbyboy

Dec 27, 2012
Sunderland
Dobbyboy yes they seem to have quite a good reputation and a lot of experience.

A follow up question everyone, the car I have bought has done just ticked 80k, full service history and cam belt kit at 56k.

Is it safe to remap on the clutch that is in or should I wait and save for an uprated clutch too?

Also the cam belt period is 4 years or 60k, the belt will have been on 4 years in November, but will only have done roughly 30-35k, should I wait or adhere to the 4 year rule?

Thanks

Ok champion cheers for heads up!

Mines got 45k on a 2008 model just gonna change mine in sept when service is due.

Dobbyboy

Dec 27, 2012
Sunderland
Deffo change cambelt before getting it mapped then. It may be perfectly ok but want to risk it?

Yeah will do mate.

Just need tyres, wheels gloss blacking, mirrors, de cat and cam belt.

Then am ready for me remap ha.

Hope me lotto numbers come up this week.

arobson90

Feb 24, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well lads it all went Pete Tong anyway, went to see the car Saturday and there was oil on the under tray, a split in the engine cover, front brakes needed replacing along with the 2 rear tyres and the coolant was grey!

Back to searching!

Dobbyboy

Dec 27, 2012
Sunderland
Well lads it all went Pete Tong anyway, went to see the car Saturday and there was oil on the under tray, a split in the engine cover, front brakes needed replacing along with the 2 rear tyres and the coolant was grey!

Back to searching!

There's a lush mk4 white cupra tdi for sale on trader in darlo.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise