Hi from the north east, and remap advice?

slimwiltaz

Sep 5, 2012
What bout big fish tuning? Ive been told they are good :) im looking into a map but on a 20vt

HedleyNEUK

avoid sedox like the plague pal, heard a number of horror stories, and theyve changed their name soo many times which is alarming....

dont DPM in rowlands gill on here do mapping??

im in newcastle and have literally just bought a yellow mk1 FR PD150...
im gonna check out DPM if not make the drive to manchester to see awesome GTI..

need my cambelt n water pump done first tho..

my clutch atm feels meaty and to hold the power really well, so il line up a uprated replacement and wait foor some signs of this one weakening before i spend the dough and change it..

maybe see ya around if you find a nice PD150 :D

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
Slimwiltaz I was heading to metro centre with the lass the other week and I spotted a black lcr..youngish lad driving, turned off to head down by revolution 24/7? Don't suppose this was you or anyone from on here? Swear I never see anyone around!!

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
Infact I just saw your display picture..lcr front bumper but lc skirts and rear bumper? Decked on the rears?

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Sedox been nothing but great to me...don't believe all you hear. Yes there are some stories about the owner, but Sedox is an international brand.

Who knows, my car might blow up...but they've got hundreds of happy customers...so I doubt.

They're a Revo dealer as well...not that I went for that option....

HedleyNEUK

Sedox been nothing but great to me...don't believe all you hear. Yes there are some stories about the owner, but Sedox is an international brand.

Who knows, my car might blow up...but they've got hundreds of happy customers...so I doubt.

They're a Revo dealer as well...not that I went for that option....

Very true, if im totally honest i cant 100% remember the exact issues, and i am going back a few years now...

i suppose it was moreso a case of bad news travels better than good..

im still wary and would avoid for those reasons but each has their own experience :D

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Very true, if im totally honest i cant 100% remember the exact issues, and i am going back a few years now...

i suppose it was moreso a case of bad news travels better than good..

im still wary and would avoid for those reasons but each has their own experience :D

The story was that some unnamed person was fiddling figures for sales purposes (e.g. Look how crap your current map is...now look what ours can do). And selling non-Revo (his own) as Revo. So license was revoked. But...fully licensed now so...

It's a story. Not sure if it's true. In any case.. A) Dirty selling tactics are found everywhere. I'm not a fan, but if the end-product is good.... B) His maps seem to be worth the same money :) haha. Revo or not. Lots of happy customers :)

Having said that... I'm going back in to reign in my low-end RPM torque a bit. The DSG just isn't great with handling this much torque in 1st/2nd. So he's had a play around to see if he can make it more progressive without losing the PD-style kick.
Can't wait! But...that's the kind of service I've gotten. Free map tweaks as requested.

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
Haha. Not much to see...it's a pile of crap really ;) hehehe

Oh I see how it is! :( since I didn't see yours I seen a rather smashing orange evo 6!
Just a quick question..that ice cream man at the lighthouse...does he know a 99 is called that for a reason? £1.70!