hi guys, new car, problems- hesitancy, petrol flap, locks, strange hole in engine

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
hi guys, 2002 tdi leon, just got today,

when driving home i noticed bit hesitant going up through the gears almost holding back then letting go (all very quickly) then driving ok, then doing same again? any ideas??

also fuel flap doesnt work, figured out by pulling carpets in boot that i can pull a rod back, to open, but how do i know if its the switch or solenoid?

locks: same old same old, ive had a toledo and read loads of threads, heres a new one:

the drivers door key will only lock or unlock that door, it will lock or unlock the boot only, but neither will operate central locking. it works from inside perfectly on the door panel, and the remote will only unlock the car?

also: this hole any ideas to right of engine bay when you look in, down side of engine0000

Last edited:

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
its the hole and jumpiness scaring me more than anything!! locks and rest i can sort anyone ideas?

cheers

carl325

Oct 4, 2009
Looks like the hole for the flywheel/gearbox? The hesistancysounds like MAF or turbo problems. Does it boost up ok? What engine is in it and how many miles? Any history?

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
seems to have enough lift in it yeah, perhaps a bit slower than i thought it should be, its a 110 with 85k, full dealer history to 55k then mot confirms roughly about 8k per year since 06, with a 6-12month period of no mot suggesting period of rest in between. believe the sellers story that he got pissed off with locks and leaks and parked up and used other car.

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
Looks like the hole for the flywheel/gearbox? The hesistancysounds like MAF or turbo problems. Does it boost up ok? What engine is in it and how many miles? Any history?

ive looked on my other toledo seems to be a plastic/rubber bung supposed to go in that hole? will it not being there cause the problem or could someone have removed it on purpose?

other thing is occasionally the oil light will flicker?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The hole leads into the clutch housing, between the gearbox and crankcase. I believe it's there to allow timing strobes to see the flywheel. There should be a plastic bung screwed into it to stop debris getting in. It would be best to fit a cork or bung of some kind in there, to stop road dirt, grit, dust and badgers or kittens from collecting in the bottom of the clutch housing.
:)

Don't understand your key issue. If you meant to say: I have two keys, one will unlock the driver's door but nothing else, one will unlock the boot but nothing else, then your car has been broken into at some point and a new door lock fitted, different to the others on the car. Which key works in the ignition lock and starts the car? That one is most probably the original.

Remote central locking is separate from the key, it is worked by a radio transmitter in the key fob. It sounds like your new driver's door key fob has never been matched to the car's central locking. A straightforward process, but you might need vag-com as you only have one key that matches the driver's door.

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
ok sorry to clarify the key thing, i have 2keys, one remote one not.

when i use either in the doors, the symptoms are as above, will operate the door in which the key is turned only, wont do central locking.

when i use remote, it will unlock all doors, but wont lock anything. no noise, no attempt, but the light flashes on the remote.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.