Hi guys

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Finally moved from Vauxhall after 30+ years and I'm so chuffed with my shiny Leon FR 1.4 TSI. Already thinking about fitting Auto Lights and wipers and have just ordered a Carista to tweak a few things.

Found this site whilst googling the above and it looks fantastic.... so much information and knowledge out there.

Anyway, just thought I'd say Hi and look forward to chatting with/meeting some of you.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum :)

Glad you've made it to the side with cookies haha there's quite a few 1.4 Fr's going around so must be holding up well!

You'll have to get some pictures up when you get a chance

Also if you fancy meeting some of the guys and girls here we have a forum meet in Doncaster on the 28th April if thats of any interest to you? We may end up spending your money on mods haha

Cheers

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Hello and welcome, I too came from a Vauxhall background. I have owned many Sri, gsi and vxr from the brand

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

john2017

john2017
Jan 1, 2008
Leicestershire
Finally moved from Vauxhall after 30+ years and I'm so chuffed with my shiny Leon FR 1.4 TSI. Already thinking about fitting Auto Lights and wipers and have just ordered a Carista to tweak a few things.

Found this site whilst googling the above and it looks fantastic.... so much information and knowledge out there.

Anyway, just thought I'd say Hi and look forward to chatting with/meeting some of you.
Hi, and welcome - does your Leon have ACT technology?
Carista is good - very user friendly compared with vcds but doesn't have the technical depth.
Might I asked why you moved away from the Griffin?

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Thanks for the warm welcome.

@john2017, I'm not sure. It was advertised as a '.... 1.4 TSI Technology...' and I just fancied a change. I didn't intend to change but we were looking round for my partner's son, I saw this and it was all sorted in a week. I'd had a 61 plate Astra sporthatch for about 8 years and the spec on the Leon looked really good. I'd had no major issues with any of my Chevettes/Astras.
Carista should do all I need apart from the Auto Lights, as and when I find a switch. Although with summer on the way there's no great rush for that.

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
@Jimbobcook , thanks. Not sure about the 28th as I'm deciding on either going to watch BTCC at Donnington or visiting my Dad. Probably Dad will win :) and apparently I'm really good at spending money on my cars!! So my partner says :)

john2017

john2017
Jan 1, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks for the warm welcome.

@john2017, I'm not sure. It was advertised as a '.... 1.4 TSI Technology...' and I just fancied a change. I didn't intend to change but we were looking round for my partner's son, I saw this and it was all sorted in a week. I'd had a 61 plate Astra sporthatch for about 8 years and the spec on the Leon looked really good. I'd had no major issues with any of my Chevettes/Astras.
Carista should do all I need apart from the Auto Lights, as and when I find a switch. Although with summer on the way there's no great rush for that.
Hi, as you drive when you hit above 2000rpm and you feather the throttle lightly do you notice the engine/ exhaust note change?

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
I can't say that I've noticed. I'll turn my music off tonight on the way home and listen. I haven't found anything to say there's any indication to tell you when it's activated

edit: just found it in the handbook. It should display number of active cylinders next to Average fuel consumption. I'll check tonight

Last edited:

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
I can't say that I've noticed. I'll turn my music off tonight on the way home and listen. I haven't found anything to say there's any indication to tell you when it's activated

edit: just found it in the handbook. It should display number of active cylinders next to Average fuel consumption. I'll check tonight

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
@john2017 doesn't look like I have ACT. Didn't notice any change I sound and there's nothing displayed.
On the plus side my Carista arrived so I've done a few things. :) Just need sign up for Beta now.

Hp1

Mar 10, 2019
Hello and Welcome, I am fairly new to the forum and find it very informative.

john2017

john2017
Jan 1, 2008
Leicestershire

Hi,

I think you must have engine code CHPA which doesn't have ACT. Found some interesting info regarding EA211 engine family which you can find here:

http://www.motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=116

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.