Hi new member

Sam

Ibiza 6L Owner
Hey, welcome to the Forums! Sounds like you have a pretty nice Leon, there! Unfortunately, you have to upload your images to an external Image Hosting Website such as Photobucket or Flickr - but in order to post them on the Forum, you must have 15 or more posts. To me, personally, it seems a little odd, as I'm still yet to find 15 relevant posts to make - I'd like to start my Ibiza's Build Log! :doh:

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Hi and welcome!

You'll have to get your post count up to post pictures.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya, I'm often in 'ULL visiting family

Dan

Sam

Ibiza 6L Owner
Hi and welcome!

You'll have to get your post count up to post pictures.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya, I'm often in 'ULL visiting family

Dan

I occasionally have to pop through to Hull, as it's not really too far for me to travel, but I'll probably have a hard time keeping up with a Leon like yours in my good old 1.9 TDi Ibiza. :p

Y80LEE

Y80LEE
Sep 1, 2016
Hull
Thank you for replying to my question Sam and Dan. I guess you will have to create an account with photobucket or Flickr as well. That does seem a bit odd having to post a number of relative posts because generally it is easy explaining something with pictures. I guess I'll just have to get my posts up :p

Have you done much to your Ibiza Sam?

What are you driving Dan?

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Thank you for replying to my question Sam and Dan. I guess you will have to create an account with photobucket or Flickr as well. That does seem a bit odd having to post a number of relative posts because generally it is easy explaining something with pictures. I guess I'll just have to get my posts up :p

Iv got a Mk2 LCR check out my readers ride thread in my sig( bottom of this post)

Iv used photobucket for years, it's easy enough

Dan

Sam

Ibiza 6L Owner

They're good ways to go, although if you already make posts elsewhere and have links for your photos, I would image you can use them, too! I think it's to stop Spam Bots from posting crap on the Forums as typically, Spam Bots make a load of stupid posts with links to random drugs and often, XXX Material. So, to avoid these issues, SeatCupra.net probably implemented the 15 Post Rule to try and minimise that!

I personally haven't done much to my Ibiza, I've only owned it for a few weeks and the main jobs have included getting it somewhat cleaned up and I'm now starting the process of getting bits and pieces fixed, such as the damn Cup Holder which is a pretty common issue for the 6L Ibiza. However, it's not doing too badly saying it's 11 Years old with nearly 124,000 miles! :D

Y80LEE

Y80LEE
Sep 1, 2016
Hull
Iv got a Mk2 LCR check out my readers ride thread in my sig( bottom of this post)

Iv used photobucket for years, it's easy enough

Dan

Just had a quick flick through and it's far to say you have had a few cars swaps haha how does it compare to your other cars you have had in the past. Is it the best in every way? But the cars looking good :D Do have have big plans in the further for it or are you happy with how it is. I noticed you have got a Revo pro that puts data onto your dash was looking at getting one myself but haven't seen any one with one. Would you say it's worth getting done and does it work well? Sorry about all the questions :rofl:

Y80LEE

Y80LEE
Sep 1, 2016
Hull
They're good ways to go, although if you already make posts elsewhere and have links for your photos, I would image you can use them, too! I think it's to stop Spam Bots from posting crap on the Forums as typically, Spam Bots make a load of stupid posts with links to random drugs and often, XXX Material. So, to avoid these issues, SeatCupra.net probably implemented the 15 Post Rule to try and minimise that!

I personally haven't done much to my Ibiza, I've only owned it for a few weeks and the main jobs have included getting it somewhat cleaned up and I'm now starting the process of getting bits and pieces fixed, such as the damn Cup Holder which is a pretty common issue for the 6L Ibiza. However, it's not doing too badly saying it's 11 Years old with nearly 124,000 miles! :D

I suppose I never really thought about to stop spam but it does make sense.

Yeah best way is to get all the little problems fixed then think about modifying and altering. But you have to expect some teething problems with it been 11 years old. As long as they have had a good owner in the past and looked after them well.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Always wanted a Cupra since the FR,but they were financially out of reach back then, Honda was a hoot but crap for commuting and daily duties, bimmer was lovely in every way but expensive to modify and I bought the Passat because we needed 5drs,raspy v6 and DSG make for effortless progress but left me wanting in the handling department.took a bit of getting used to LCR,found the FWD nature a little lairy at first. Didn't help it had ditch finders on like but the mpss sorted that out.
LCR ticks the most boxes and now it's paid for the only reason I'd part with it is if the funds would help with a house purchase.

I got a good deal on the revo pro SPS otherwise I'd of just got the polar fis.its handy for keeping an eye on your oil level more than anything,but rarely gets used round the doors,I'd use it on track just to monitor temps etc but it's pretty much fit n forget really .

Tell us some more about your car, mods ,power, map etc ( just noticed your revo map so the SPS pro will let you toggle between maps,and your map won't need rebooting if you disconnect your battery, )

Last edited:

Y80LEE

Y80LEE
Sep 1, 2016
Hull
Never really thought about that Sam with stoping spam but does make sense. It's best to get all the little problems fixed first before you start modifying. But it's the little this like a cup holder that would drive me mad haha

Yeah Dan I can imagine your car been very lively on ditch finders especially in the wet. I had a similar shock because I've never owned a quick fwd car before but all good fun at times haha.

That's one of the reasons I would like the sps pro for oil temp and can you check fault codes through this system.

My car is running a Revo stage 2+ Software with Revo cold air induction kit also fitted with exhaust shelf head shield, Forge pcv delete kit, autotech hpfp internals, 3" de cat downpipe in titanium heat wrap and center silencer deleted, R tech front mount intercooler, ngk iridium spark plugs, H&R lowering springs, high carbon compound hooked front discs with ferodo ds2500 pads and wheel spacers 12mm rear and 5mm front. I've got a GFB + valve and rs4 return valve to fit but haven't got around to it yet. Then have uprated all the mid range and twitter speakers then fitted an under seat subwoofer. Also done the usual led lights for interior and number plate units. I think that's pretty much it :d:d

Sam

Ibiza 6L Owner
It's best to get all the little problems fixed first before you start modifying. But it's the little this like a cup holder that would drive me mad haha

Well, like with any cars, they'll have their problems, some which are more common than others. The lil' Ibiza is in need of the Cup Holder, a new Fog Lamp, 2x New Wings (current ones are rusting), new Rear Wiper, new Front Wipers, new Plastic Trim for the seats, and the list goes on! :rofl:

Y80LEE

Y80LEE
Sep 1, 2016
Hull
Yeah every car has it advantages and disadvantages with common issues. It's just keeping on top of them and not letting them build up.

It will be making about 370 BHP but once I have got it de coked would like to get it rolling rolled to see what it is making.

Sam

Ibiza 6L Owner
Yeah every car has it advantages and disadvantages with common issues. It's just keeping on top of them and not letting them build up.

It will be making about 370 BHP but once I have got it de coked would like to get it rolling rolled to see what it is making.

Exactly, it's a shame my car has had these issues build up over a number of years! 370bhp does seem like quite an extreme amount for a Front Wheel Drive Hatchback, I'd have thought you'd be tearing through tyres at pretty ridiculous rate! :bleh:

Y80LEE

Y80LEE
Sep 1, 2016
Hull
Exactly, it's a shame my car has had these issues build up over a number of years! 370bhp does seem like quite an extreme amount for a Front Wheel Drive Hatchback, I'd have thought you'd be tearing through tyres at pretty ridiculous rate! :bleh:

Yeah can be a hand full at times [B)] I'm running Goodyear eagle F1 and get 4K out of them on the front

Sam

Ibiza 6L Owner
Yeah can be a hand full at times [B)] I'm running Goodyear eagle F1 and get 4K out of them on the front

That is absolutely obscene! My poor wallet would be in pieces if I was having to invest in new rubber every 4,000 miles! Personally, I would much rather go for longevity over extra performance - maybe that's just because I'm a tight git! ;)

Y80LEE

Y80LEE
Sep 1, 2016
Hull
That is absolutely obscene! My poor wallet would be in pieces if I was having to invest in new rubber every 4,000 miles! Personally, I would much rather go for longevity over extra performance - maybe that's just because I'm a tight git! ;)

You need to have good tyres if not what's the point wouldn't be able to drive it fast like what it's made for and most likely end up in some ditch as well haha. I suppose it is a big down side just too much power to get through front wheel. You could drive it like miss daisy and last ages but that's just boring ;)

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
You need to have good tyres if not what's the point wouldn't be able to drive it fast like what it's made for and most likely end up in some ditch as well haha. I suppose it is a big down side just too much power to get through front wheel. You could drive it like miss daisy and last ages but that's just boring ;)

You should try the Michelin pilot super sport, or the cup-cup2 if you want a good tyre! Goodyears are average
If your killing them,then maybe look at a hard compound semi slick ,

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.