Hi - New Seat Leon Owner

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hi all,
Just a quick note to say hi - getting my new (to me) Seat Leon ST FR 184 tomorrow.
Been looking for a new car for ages - coming from my trusty A4 B6 Avant Quattro, which has been great and love the 4wd but i'm doing 18k miles a year and getting 10 more MPG is a big saving.
Haven't even driven the Leon ST - have driven the 184 hatch a few years ago and to be honest felt similar to my (remapped 1.9) A4 upto 50mph - quicker above that but scrabbled of the line vs my quattro.

The Leon ticked a lot of boxes - cheap tax, big boot, nippy, and good value, looks nice in FR trim.

Other car is a Dax Rush kit car which I built with 4.6 supercharged V8.

Anyway just thought i'd say hi.

Tom.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Other car is a Dax Rush kit car which I built with 4.6 supercharged V8.
Hold up... What is this and why have I not been invited for a test drive haha sounds awesome!

Welcome to the forum buddy

The 184 is a bit of a train! Maybe get some engine mounts in there to help with wheel hop and get it mapped and then maybe see about beating your old Audi lol

Looking forward to some pics of both cars.

Cheers

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Sorry - didn't get any e-mail alerts that I had replies to my thread - strange, all alert boxes ticked!

Anyway got my new Leon ST 184 and it's growing on me. When I first drove it I must say it felt a little synthetic or digital compared to my analog Audi - mainly brakes where over sensitive, steering too light/avoid of feel. I have since found the sport button for the steering and that is much better, brakes still too sensitive but I think that's just the way of more modern cars and I am getting used it it.
Generally drives very nice with good suspension control without being harsh but one negative is I get bad tyre roar on bad road surfaces, fine on good roads - much worse than my Audi and the Audi was on 235 40 18's vs the Leon 225 45 17's! The tyres are Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy3's don't think they are particularly noisy?
They stereo is great - my car was listed as having seat sound (sub in boot) but it doesn't and I must say it doesn't need it - very deep sound - enough to vibrate the rear view mirror. Can make the doors rattle when on loud with some bass heavy music so might have to look into sound deadening the doors in the future.
Generally very happy with it - looking like 600 miles to the tank - which is what I got out my Audi but the Leon is £20 less to fill up! Very nice with only £30 tax per year.

P.S my other car:

IGSDozq.jpg
IGSDozq.jpg

Tom.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.