Hi

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Here are my first Leon, the silver Cupra, and Cupra R.

SDC11314.jpg

Had the Cupra for around 18 months. Had a Custom Code remap. Very aggressive map, but power tailed off toward the higher rev range.

Only had the Cupra R for 3 months. First mod was a silicone TIP (Turbo Intake Pipe).
Wanted to get the Cupra R to around 270 / 280bhp, but then saw my current car for sale.

2011-02-23095532.jpg

wesson12

Feb 25, 2012
Nottingham
Very nice cars, wish I could afford a mk2 :( . Hopefully get mine looking like your R with bumpers etc.(mines in black too) the only reason I asked if you were mk1 owners before is too see if it swayed you to stick to Leon's, as my ideal car was a focus st but am now swayed to aiming for a k1 :)

10man

Revo'd cupra k1
Sep 11, 2009
long eaton, notts
Very nice cars, wish I could afford a mk2 :( . Hopefully get mine looking like your R with bumpers etc.(mines in black too) the only reason I asked if you were mk1 owners before is too see if it swayed you to stick to Leon's, as my ideal car was a focus st but am now swayed to aiming for a k1 :)
I had a mk1 LCR loved it, had a local garage remap it took it to around 250 255bhp but that was before I'd heard of Revo lol, but seriously theres loads of good tuners out there, do some searching on here, read some build threads! Good luck n enjoy

wesson12

Feb 25, 2012
Nottingham
Mark I was considering going for the custom code map but would you say go else where now? Have you had any experience of different maps on identical cars? Cheers

wesson12

Feb 25, 2012
Nottingham
Ptorque are in wolverhampton I'm sure. I was considering revo as its switchable(I'm sure?) we Nottingham lads don't have an easy time getting re maps lol

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.

Having previous Leons has made me stick with SEAT, as well as this forum / friends.
Looked at focus ST's and Astra VXR's. TBH the ST makes a wicked noise, but power levels from the 2.5, is much the same as the 1.8 turbo in Cupra R form. To tune a Cupra / Cupra R is also cheaper that either the ST / VXR. To get over 300bhp, you would need to have deep pockets, where as the VAG 1.8 / 2.0 Turbos are relatively cheap.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Mark I was considering going for the custom code map but would you say go else where now? Have you had any experience of different maps on identical cars? Cheers

I wouldn't say not to use CC, but just that the map on mine made the power come in arounf 1.5k revs, and dropped off around 4.5k.
The most popular remap is REVO, and there are more agents.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
I went Revo hq at daventry northampton, they had an open day so made sense, there are closer ones, awesome gti think there in Loughborough there's p/torque not sure were they are tho,

The REVO agent is Monster motorsport, but the don't really support REVO afaik.
Awesome GTI are in Manchester mate.

wesson12

Feb 25, 2012
Nottingham
Having previous Leons has made me stick with SEAT, as well as this forum / friends.
Looked at focus ST's and Astra VXR's. TBH the ST makes a wicked noise, but power levels from the 2.5, is much the same as the 1.8 turbo in Cupra R form. To tune a Cupra / Cupra R is also cheaper that either the ST / VXR. To get over 300bhp, you would need to have deep pockets, where as the VAG 1.8 / 2.0 Turbos are relatively cheap.

It's an absolutely wicked noise from the ST at full beans and handles well for a car that weighs the same as a small house :D I wouldn't go for a Vxr after hearing from a lot of people it's a rough ride and the torque steer wants to kill you. I agree the Vags are cheaper to tune as they are a pretty much "universal" engine.

wesson12

Feb 25, 2012
Nottingham
I wouldn't say not to use CC, but just that the map on mine made the power come in arounf 1.5k revs, and dropped off around 4.5k.
The most popular remap is REVO, and there are more agents.

Am I right in saying the custom code is not a switchable map?