HID crimbo present

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
So who else was fitting goodies to the car today?

I spent this morning fitting an HID kit "very easy even with no bumper removal" I didn't go with the relay wiring as with this kit I didn't think it was needed cos it's just plug n play

this is the kit and as you can see the red plug goes into where the original bulb would go (job done)
2007-12-2610.jpg

2007-12-2611.jpg

here is the install of the drivers side "with colour coded cable ties" and some mastic to seal the headlamp rear cover hole and heavy duty sticky back velcro for the ballast mounting too
2007-12-2613.jpg

14-01-200812-37-599.jpg

2007-12-2622.jpg

and here is the difference one normal bulb and one HID, I think I'm going to get the healamp level looked at to make sure
2007-12-262.jpg

2007-12-265.jpg

and one with different camera settings to simulate darkness

2007-12-268.jpg

well happy :D

the passenger side install is the same but the balast is tucked down the side of the battery and is not really visable

Last edited:

T. Spark

Looking good matey :)

Need to get myself a new set me thinks as forget how ace they look. Your love driving in the dark now :)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
is your kit 6000k nath? hope my 8000k's to be a lil bit more blue, when i finally get the chance to fit it all!

Last edited:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
apparantly only if they are factory fitted but i still recon they arent legal still gonna fit em for show use of course ;)

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Surely they'd no fail it just on that? Maybe some MOT places would but the ones where PEOPLE actually run them, not where they're after money. They do look good!

Woot! my 1000th post! :funk:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
it is the law to have headlamp washers fitted to the car which is fitted with xennons from the factory FACT But have heard loads of people passing mot's wih these kits on without washers but surley if you retro fit xennons the same rules must apply! but obviously they dont! weird but not somethingto complain about as its 1 less thing to worry about!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i know with the retro fit bmw kits they come with all the parts to do headlight wash as my understanding is for mot and to be road leagal they need them!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
i know with the retro fit bmw kits they come with all the parts to do headlight wash as my understanding is for mot and to be road leagal they need them!

if I get pulled for them all they can do is give me a 14 day vehicle rectification notice (same as if you have a tail light out)

then I just plug back in the standard bulbs for an hour while I go to an MOT station for them to stamp my ticket

I like them and think they will will work well when going through the devils punchbowl at night ^^^^^^^

JPS3290

Dirty Diesel
Jun 6, 2003
Durham
Visit site
I fitted 6k HID's to the Scooby well over a year ago and never been stopped once. It passed it's MOT last February even though it is a legal requirement to have washers, it appears the MOT test is still a little flaky in this area ;) Not to mention they don't seems to care as long as they pass the level measurement test.

I'd like some for the Ibiza so going to check that link out :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members