HID Installation Problem - "bad bulb"

sama13

Hello I installed a HID retrofit kit to a new Seat Leon 2.0TFSI and there is a message on the dash indicating that the low beam bulbs are bad, can somebody help me, is there any trick?

Thanks a lot!

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Hello I installed a HID retrofit kit to a new Seat Leon 2.0TFSI and there is a message on the dash indicating that the low beam bulbs are bad, can somebody help me, is there any trick?

Thanks a lot!
I'm thinking of doing this - have LED sidelights at the moment.
I assume you have a certain amount of electrical knowledge? the "ballast loads" need to be adjusted so the cars system does not show a dead bulb. go back to whom you bought it from and request the correct loads for this car [try some of the HID web sites - the good ones tell you about the extra loads that are required for newer car systems]

sama13

Thanks a lot for the response OLDOILER, the guy I bought it from didn't even understand me about ballast loads, is this made with a diode? Can you help me out with one link of those "good HID websites".

Thanks a lot mate!

Marsden1002

Jun 22, 2007
hids4u.co.uk seam very good.

My dad was looking at HID's on his 2005 IS200, and they said he would need an extra peice of kit, as the cars computer would throw up an error, so sounds like you need something extra

Unsure what its called but i would try the above address

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Thanks a lot for the response OLDOILER, the guy I bought it from didn't even understand me about ballast loads, is this made with a diode? Can you help me out with one link of those "good HID websites".

Thanks a lot mate!
If you use the Seatcupra net search function "hids" that should supply enough leads - some are quite expensive.