HIDs4U Ultimate 6000k HIDs FITTED!

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
At last i finally have them fitted :D

Unfortunately I had to wait about a week and a half to receive the full kit, as they got confused their end and sent me the short bulbs and wires on their own! And then royal mail decided to be mega slow in getting the rest to me.

I have to say HIDs4U were extremely helpful throughout the delivery problems, and answered many of my questions etc. Highly friendly and useful customer service.

As for the kit, the ballasts are nice and small, good build quality. Only downside is the plug which goes to the power into the ballast, doesn't fit through the hole you have to drill to place the grommet, therefore you have to push out the spade connectors, put the grommet in place, and then push the spades back through. Which is fine on the passenger side, but the drivers side was a biatch!

Anyway, the pics-

DSC00123Medium.jpg

DSC00128Medium.jpg

DSC00137Medium.jpg

DSC00144Medium.jpg

Hid on drivers side, 6500k Halogen on passenger side
DSC00125Medium.jpg

Standard ibiza sidelights on left, super white leds on right
DSC00145Medium.jpg

Standard ibiza dipped beam on left, versus HID 6000k dipped beam
DSC00146Medium.jpg

HIDs4U Ultimate kit on left, versus cheapo ebay kit on right (easy to see why he gets flashed so much!)
DSC00148Medium.jpg

6000k Hids, illuminating a country road with no streetlamps around
DSC00147Medium.jpg

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Some excellent comparison photos there :)
(Although you are already preaching to the converted here...)

I changed my sidelights too, not only did they look dreadfully dull and yellow next to my HIDs, but no likelihood of the blowing & having to fiddle around changing them.

Last edited:

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
HIDs4U sell the kit for £250 plus about £8 p&p (next day delivery).
http://hids4u.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=282

They do a discount for us, the code is "Ultimate" if i remember correctly. So all in all i paid £235.

It's damn expensive, but i'd rather get a good quality kit, than a cheapo one anyday.

As for fitting it took about 1.5hrs for the 1st one (i had to attempt the drivers side 1st didn't I!), and about 20mins for the passenger side.

Drivers side has much less room, and as it was the 1st one, i was still working out what i wanted to do with it all etc.

Pretty easy job all in all....as it is plug and play.

Mr Max

gonna have to get me a set of these next time ive afew quid lying about

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
How much? :-o
Mine to the door £71.23.
Fitted, working and then checked by an MOT tester.

Sorry mate.
The lights look great but.........No HID kit rates that kind of money!

Guy.

Yer i know what you mean, but it seemed like such a lottery to find a kit which supplied ballasts which would definitely work with a car newer than 2004, plus have bulbs short enough for the mk4.

I'd rather pay that price, than less and have problems, or bulbs that didn't fit properly etc.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
great another illegal HID kit the road.

but to be fair, i've driven behind both my parents and my gf, and both say, "yes they are brighter, but they don't dazzle you at all" and i havn't been flashed by anyone at all yet.....and there is still a clear cut off point where the light stops, just as it was before with the halogens.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004

I can think of worse things than illegal HID hits on the road. What about those people with lights that don't work at all? I've lost count of the number of times I've been on an unlit section of road only to find a car ambling along with no rear lights. They don't care because their front ones work and they can see. (I know that last statement can be equally applied to aftermarket HID kit owners, but it's hardly the same.)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com

Great, another person not robbed of £800 + by the garage options list, another person who can see 3 times as much at night ( those with kids who play near roads should be cheering at this point) sounds ok to me so far. I know i can see and i know i can be seen.

I really can't see what the fuss is about this, on an average drive north on the M1 the ratio of dazzling 'HID' kits compared to blown halogen bulbs, badly adjusted light units, fog lights on, main beam etc isn't even worth considering.

Anyone who honestly believes that headlight washers ( no wipers ) and that stupid slow self levelling system somehow serve to make factory fit HID 'better' need their heads testing. How many times have you cursed that porsche / volvo / bmw / audi that seems to have lights that 'bounce' as they approach.

Once you've used any kind of HID you realise that it's not HID that is too bright, it's that you've got used to driving with sub standard halogens that are not bright enough.

Until an officer of the Law tells me to remove them or an MOT testing station deems them unfit to pass an MOT - they're staying right where they are, that I suspect will apply to everyone else that's made the change.

FYI - i used Hids4u too and can't fault the product OR the service.

Last edited:

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
I can think of worse things than illegal HID hits on the road. What about those people with lights that don't work at all? I've lost count of the number of times I've been on an unlit section of road only to find a car ambling along with no rear lights. They don't care because their front ones work and they can see. (I know that last statement can be equally applied to aftermarket HID kit owners, but it's hardly the same.)

with regards to your last statement which you say can apply to HID kit owners too, i see what you mean, as my m8s kit is so bright it blinds every1 he drives past, and he don't care, because "he can see"....i spent ages researching into which kit to buy, and went for the hids4u kit, as it seemed the best quality and had some really good reviews etc...its certainly pricey, but i havn't had a single negative comment about them so far from any1 who's actually seen them on in real life.

So it just goes to show, you get what you pay for.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
I think this pic here shows how the light doesn;t blind anyone, and the clear cut-off point

DSC00147Medium.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.