High Milage Cupra DSG

Dec 3, 2019
Hi, i am new to this forum and i am looking at buying a mk3 Cupra 280 with dsg. I currently own a 200bhp TSI FR and have found a mk3 with 87000 miles from a local dealer. Could you tell me if they are reliable at higher miles and if its worth buying one for the right price.
Thanks, Joe

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Unsure on the reliability, but i would make sure you give it a full health check before.

The usual checks ie tyres, oil/brake/coolant changes and maintenance up-keep are good signs of care.

also make sure the DSG has been serviced, with 87000 miles that should have had its oil changed twice! I do know the DSG is more robust than a manual, if treated to new oil regularly.

Unsure if it has a front diff, again may need a service or two!

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Get in it to test drive it and floor it from cold and see what happens

sorry I’m no help at all!

as long as it has full service history, mot advisories sorted out and 12 months mot and all looks in god condition well looked after, then there’s nothing fo say it’s no worse than a 5k on the clock business mans BMW that gets red lined from cold every morning Onto the M27 to get into the bmw lane.

Reactions: The Daily Meme

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
It's a bit of a minefield. If the car has been serviced at the stealers for firmware updates etc and had the necessary DSG/VAQ oil changes I couldn't see much of a problem.

I know folk that have hit near 200k in the earlier versions of the the EA engine.

The only issue I seem to recall is that some of the early 265's and 280's had some sort of turbo issue but I'm sure these would've been sorted under warranty.

I would obviously check the service history thoroughly but if it's good you could have a great car on your hands.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise