Hight revs on S mode

aossama

Hi All,

Yesterday I started breaking 1400KM, so I thought of testing the performance for few minutes, so I took the car to a quiet empty road and while driving on D3 moved the lever to S to it went to S3 (not sure if this is right or wrong please someone correct me if this is wrong).

Then I started accelerating but the revs stayed in the area between 3.5k and the 5.5, at this point I was to scared to continue doing so.

So my question is this normal in the S mode?

Also it told me couple of time to move the lever to the D, so I slowed down and moved the lever to D.

Are the high revs normal on the S mode? and what should be the normal revs in the S mode?

Thanks in advance.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
S mode is sport mode and will usually run the revs to the red line before changing gear. This is how it was in my bocanegravat least. Sport mode would only really be ideal for 1/4 mile blasts if i am honest. For anything else use the paddles in m mode, much better and a little more "engaging" if that makes sense.

aossama

By 'm' mode, you mean the manual mode?

I have been driving a manual car for a long time and I haven't tried the manual except in high traffic situations just to stop the car from shifting between 1 and 2 a lot.

I'll try it and keep you posted.

Wolf 79

What is your concern?

D mode and S mode is more and less the same thing except D will always try and take you to the lowest gear ex 6th gear whilst S mode will keep the gears as high as possible in order to help acceleration etc..

Both D and S mode will go to red line and change itself..

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
all that, plus turn ecotips off, they're annoying as hell.

+1 for that first thing I did so annoying even tells you to close the windows ffs!!

Dont worry about high revs in S mode perfectly normal as with any auto box its about getting the best acceleration out of the engine and as with all modern cars has a rev limiter so you wont hurt it.

More chance of damaging a manual car when you gear down wrong then no rev limiter will help you :D

Just enjoy you won't break it

solly84

Dec 27, 2013
Hi All,

Yesterday I started breaking 1400KM, so I thought of testing the performance for few minutes, so I took the car to a quiet empty road and while driving on D3 moved the lever to S to it went to S3 (not sure if this is right or wrong please someone correct me if this is wrong).

Then I started accelerating but the revs stayed in the area between 3.5k and the 5.5, at this point I was to scared to continue doing so.

So my question is this normal in the S mode?

Also it told me couple of time to move the lever to the D, so I slowed down and moved the lever to D.

Are the high revs normal on the S mode? and what should be the normal revs in the S mode?

Thanks in advance.

hey man, your car is very normal.

'S' mode is meant to work the car sporty by increasing the revs to the max and then the car will auto-shift. so don't worry push it and enjoy :)
the only thing this will screw is your fuel economy, if you care...

and the Car telling you to move to 'D' that's called Eco-tips you can disable it from the system, its just giving you advice to maximize fuel saving. nothing more... you don't have to follow it.

solly84

Dec 27, 2013
By 'm' mode, you mean the manual mode?

I have been driving a manual car for a long time and I haven't tried the manual except in high traffic situations just to stop the car from shifting between 1 and 2 a lot.

I'll try it and keep you posted.

very good tip man, always drive in 'M' mode while in cairo traffic, this helps the DSG a lot.