Hit speedbump quite fast now nosie from front left

gingerben

Jan 1, 2008
Hiya all

I was goin down a road the other night at fair speed and didnt see a big speed hump in the road, hit it with a big bang and thing is now when im goin about 50+ and turn left i can here this wobbiling virbrating sound and feel it through the steering, its a 1.4 leon, you chaps got any ideas, before i take it 2 the garage, ive had the front left wheel off and had a look but cant see anything major. thinking maby cv or wheel bearing???

all the best
ben

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
thinking maby cv or wheel bearing???

Thats what i would have thought, probably a bearing. Have a feel for (i think) 5 bolts on the CV, if it feels wrong i wouldnt drive it to be honest. Could just be tracking/alignment. Mine was out on my old passat but it didnt really notice until doing over 50mph

hope its ok

3LL1077

Mr Plumb
May 28, 2009
Peterborough
As olliep said, this has happened literally last week in my current car (VW Polo). And i am having the wheel bearing replaced on Saturday.

So its more than like that as my girlfriend lives in the costa del speed bumps lol

NotPotter

If it was a wheel bearing you'd hear it grind more loudly as you slow down

carly

May 26, 2009
belfast
Hiya all

I was goin down a road the other night at fair speed and didnt see a big speed hump in the road, hit it with a big bang and thing is now when im goin about 50+ and turn left i can here this wobbiling virbrating sound and feel it through the steering, its a 1.4 leon, you chaps got any ideas, before i take it 2 the garage, ive had the front left wheel off and had a look but cant see anything major. thinking maby cv or wheel bearing???

all the best
ben

sounds like you hav busted your wishbone bush.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise