Hobby Detailing

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Thanks for that, I assumed it would be hard German paint. I'm coming from a faded red Peugeot 306 and don't fancy being in that boat again hence the question. Fancy the yellow if I can find one.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

They hold colour pretty well but if not looked after can appear to fade, as all paint can, sometimes what is seen as faded paint is actually just paint in very bad condition, the clear coat should, in theory, protect the underlying paint from fading but excessive damage from poor cleaning practices can lead to swirls and marring that can give the impression of faded paint. #

It can be recovered with some work, my red one changes colour after a full detail as the light reacts differently with the damage free paint and I keep mine pretty clean!

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
The Yellow Cupra's look awesome! Do it lol Then we can spend all your money on mods and detailing stuff
I'm on Detailing world so you can guess at my detail g collection/obsession. Mods, yes help with that would be good not that I need any encouragement

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I
I'm on Detailing world so you can guess at my detail g collection/obsession. Mods, yes help with that would be good not that I need any encouragement

Im on there as well... its been a good release for my obsession! The wife is fed up of me talking about it! haha!

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
They hold colour pretty well but if not looked after can appear to fade, as all paint can, sometimes what is seen as faded paint is actually just paint in very bad condition, the clear coat should, in theory, protect the underlying paint from fading but excessive damage from poor cleaning practices can lead to swirls and marring that can give the impression of faded paint. #

It can be recovered with some work, my red one changes colour after a full detail as the light reacts differently with the damage free paint and I keep mine pretty clean!
Unfortunately the older Peugeot's have lacquer which can't be polished back to their former glory The mad great hot hatched bit crap paint, 3rd one IV had problems with.

Reactions: Sharpy

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
I

Im on there as well... its been a good release for my obsession! The wife is fed up of me talking about it! haha!
It's the deliverys my wife's had enough of

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Unfortunately the older Peugeot's have lacquer which can't be polished back to their former glory The mad great hot hatched bit crap paint, 3rd one IV had problems with.

Ah yeah... simile to old Vauxhall’s although you can recover them... just about. I guess that’s how they kept the cost down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
It's the deliverys my wife's had enough of

Haha. Too true. Luckily I work from home and the wife doesn’t so I can stash them before she knows about most of them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

Deleted member 103408

I have a nice Yellow Ibiza and i do like the color the only downside I find is people think they need to race yellow cars for some reason.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
If that’s what being drunk does then there’s going to be pics of lots of cars being cleaned in the dark over this period of Christmas Parties lol

I said previously I was giving up drinking because I needed the brain cells for college. Well, in the end I thought :censored: that, I've saved them up like green shield stamps and currently forming them up into a firing line.

Deleted member 103408

Well if you have any left after xmas maybe that can be your new year resolution.
I go dry every January but this year have to delay until after the club meet.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well if you have any left after xmas maybe that can be your new year resolution.
I go dry every January but this year have to delay until after the club meet.

My new years resolution was going to be not to buy any more car parts... so I'm ordering as much as I can now. :D

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
My new years resolution is to get theoldboy's car cleaned lol without fairy liquid haha

Deleted member 103408

My car is being parked further and further away from the rest of you detailers my car is very happy with all the chip marks and swirls as it gives me down force on the track

Reactions: kanyewest

Deleted member 103408

Look what I found in the local discount store today.

Just could not help myself

Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 23.07.42.png

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.