Votes: 32 82.1%
  • Carbon Fibre

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
mate, if you couldpass on some info then great. i did try with a local plastic moulding company and they were talking about £5k to make a mould! cheapest they quoted was £3k and that was for there chinese contact to make them.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
55 starting bid one sold for 70 , 55 was also buy it now for the black one , also I call real carbon 2twil 4 twill what ever as long as it's not the fake film wrap

Bluto&Purdey

OE+ The Way Forward
Oct 17, 2010
55 starting bid one sold for 70 , 55 was also buy it now for the black one , also I call real carbon 2twil 4 twill what ever as long as it's not the fake film wrap

I call real carbon fibre a product made just from carbon fibre, be it by vacuum resisn infusion or pre-preg. This not only makes it very light but also very strong.

Anything else is just cheap wet layup which isnt light or strong.

You could argue that 2k epoxy resisn layup is a step in the right direction,however thats still wet layup and of course still dosnt make best use of the carbon fibre cloth.

I said 200gram 2x2 twill as thats the most visual appealing weave, rather than a uni weave or a heavier 4x4 (where the strands are larger).

Bluto&Purdey

OE+ The Way Forward
Oct 17, 2010
mate, if you couldpass on some info then great. i did try with a local plastic moulding company and they were talking about £5k to make a mould! cheapest they quoted was £3k and that was for there chinese contact to make them.

I cant send PMs at the moment but as soon as I can I will pass the details along for you to ask.

I have used them before for making me parts and they do a fantastic job at a very decent price.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Yer I no what you mean but I mean real and fake skined carbon is still real carbon to a certain degree where the vinyl is 100% fake has no depth to it etc ,

Lew

Boost!
Nov 20, 2013
If anyone does a service for this, they'd be making a lot of money!!
I want one :(

ggs mk1 fr

Jan 9, 2014
Sheffield
Yeah I would like one for my leon fr I wish some one could point us both in the right direction of how to make one or if someone would make one for us or whoever else wants one making as I have gauge pods I cant fit them because I'm waiting yhem putting in my centre air vent just like these guy's have done I don't want them to go anywhere else and I don't like the fort of having them on my window pillow as it would distract my view if you get my drift

ggs mk1 fr

Jan 9, 2014
Sheffield
Yeah I know that feeling mate someone please please reply and give us some good news for making us one and any other person that would want one making I would pay as we'll

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.