horn....

Son

Mar 18, 2003
Finland
rmk.hamk.fi
I don't understand this fuss about the tone of the horn. Is a good horn some penile extension?? :p

So no, the sound doesn't bother me, but the fact that you need to f'ing STAND on the horn before it works! I've many times honked way too late because it's so difficult to press.

keebo_sioux

I'm so dark I fart bats
Feb 8, 2004
Reading, Berkshire
Visit site
Son said:
I don't understand this fuss about the tone of the horn. Is a good horn some penile extension?? :p

So no, the sound doesn't bother me, but the fact that you need to f'ing STAND on the horn before it works! I've many times honked way too late because it's so difficult to press.

haha. It just sounds like you're driving a Trabbant or a Robin Reliant or something - really embarrassing.

I have the same problem with the horn on the ibiza. The old mk2 horn was in the centre of the steering wheel but on the mk4 the airbag is there. So whenever I go to press the horn I have to try to remember its not in the centre but to the side. Even when I do get it right, I often hit it and no sound comes out at all. It's infuriating!

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I changed my horn to a Ring low tone one. £9.99 in Halfords.

It's still 2 wires, I just put spade connectors on the end of the wire and bolted it in.