Hot Hatch Cool Price - Seat Leon Fr

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The NEW SEAT Leon FR - UK NewsHOT HATCH, COOL PRICE – SEAT LEON FR FROM ONLY £16,995 To coincide with its world debut today (25th May) at the Madrid Motor Show, SEAT UK has revealed that the eagerly-anticipated new Leon FR will be priced from just £16,995 (RRP on the road). Ordering commences immediately across the SEAT UK Dealer network, ahead of the model’s arrival during July.

Link To Original Article

20vtB0b

Cupra R - No looking back
Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
Thats still more than I payed for my LCR though ! How much will this make the Cupra when it comes out - 2k more ? The Cupra needs to be cheaper than the Focus ST, and £19k is probably to much to expect people to pay. Their current pricing scheme needs to shift down a bit to make room for the FR and Cupra models.

Does anyone know what sort of discounts are the dealers giving on the Leon range at the moment ?

Bob

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
20vtB0b said:
Thats still more than I payed for my LCR though ! How much will this make the Cupra when it comes out - 2k more ? The Cupra needs to be cheaper than the Focus ST, and £19k is probably to much to expect people to pay. Their current pricing scheme needs to shift down a bit to make room for the FR and Cupra models.

Does anyone know what sort of discounts are the dealers giving on the Leon range at the moment ?

Bob
don't agrea there, The FR is aimed at the ST, so the Cupra is allowed to be anything up to 20k which pits it against the VXR

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
I think it's a great price bearing in mind the cost of a new GTi. The cupra will be proper leary as well so i think maybe faster and better built than an ST

20vtB0b

Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
Ant FR said:
don't agrea there, The FR is aimed at the ST, so the Cupra is allowed to be anything up to 20k which pits it against the VXR

No, I think the Cupra/ST/VXR are all in the same camp - the FR just doesn't look sporty enough. The FR is the warm hatch, the Cupra is the hot hatch.

If they price the Cupra around 20k then they will have lots of problems selling it. I think they got the pricing just right with the old Cupra and LCR, and they sold loads of them. The only real competion was from the Civic Type R and from cars costing a lot more (R32/S3) so Seat had quite an open market. Things are different now though, and I don't see how they can hope to do any where near as well if the prices are too high.

Bob

20vtB0b

Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
Just looked at the main article, and I have to take back (sort of) what I said about the FR not looking sporty enough, the ovni FR does look very nice :clap:

However, I'm not that impressed with how it looks in any of the other colours :( The problem is that stupid curvy line running the length of the body, it stands out too much with most of the colours and makes the car look top heavy :(

Bob

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
Yeah that curve line looks like it was designed by some right shirt lifter... hence i refuse to buy one. I just think it makes the car look a bit camp. IMO the golf gti is the best car (to look at at least) just too expensive and that leaves me wth the skoda, which i think looks cool whilst retaining the performance of the others

Best bet i reckon

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.