Hot thread with new posts icon....

Gizzer

Apr 24, 2008
Hampshire
Hi,

I usually like to navigate this style forum by looking at the icons next to threads to decide what has new posts. But unless my eyesight is going the "Hot thread with new posts" icon is the same as the "Hot thread with no new posts" icon.

Could one of the icons be made to stand out a bit more?

Cheers!

(Great forum by the way :funk: )

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
I use the 'new posts' link all the time, in fact I've got it setup as a bookmark :)

One thing I find annoying is the message "This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in x seconds.".

I can understand why it's there, but any chance of reducing down to 10 secs?

Gizzer

Apr 24, 2008
Hampshire
OK, since the suggestion this morning I've been using Quick Links all day for the "todays posts" option, BUT I'm getting really annoyed by the fact it shows todays posts from all forums. Is there any way to just restrict it to one forum?

Gizzer

Apr 24, 2008
Hampshire
in that case can I go back to my original request to have one of the icons changed?:D

Would make life far quicker than an Advanced Search just to get Sub Forum specific daily posts...

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
in that case can I go back to my original request to have one of the icons changed?:D

Would make life far quicker than an Advanced Search just to get Sub Forum specific daily posts...

I don't think it's something that can be changed- it's part of the basic software for the forum.

If you go into a sub forum, the posts are listed in most recently used order anyway. :shrug:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
so, what your saying, we should , on a whim, change a highly succesful set up to make your life a tad easier?

cant really see it making a whole hill of beans difference to the masses, but Im sure the Powers That Be will bear this one in mind
:whistle:

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
we cant change the settings to display new posts per forum, as dpj says they are all listed in new post order anyway, so open said forum and f5 your ass off!

we are not changing anything forum wise due to impending upgrades anyway!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.