How close to the legal limit do you let yours tyres go?

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Likewise

i go to the legal limit, however from around 3mm the ability to clear water reduces so i drive in consideration of that.

I don't really drive much in the wet and it's mainly for motorway driving crusing in the left lane so I've always been ok. I'll be replacing them soon with ps4 tyres. Should be a good improvement

Reactions: GeoffGeoff

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
I don't really drive much in the wet and it's mainly for motorway driving crusing in the left lane so I've always been ok. I'll be replacing them soon with ps4 tyres. Should be a good improvement
Are PS4’s the way to go then?

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Are PS4’s the way to go then?

They have really good reviews and I do drive it hard sometimes so want to try the PS4 tyres. I've never had them before, always had these Turanzas. I'm getting Uniroyal Rainsport 5s on the partner's car on Wednesday as they also are great and fairly cheap for a run around car.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
They have really good reviews and I do drive it hard sometimes so want to try the PS4 tyres. I've never had them before, always had these Turanzas. I'm getting Uniroyal Rainsport 5s on the partner's car on Wednesday as they also are great and fairly cheap for a run around car.
I’ve had RS3’s and the wife also and they’ve been excellent...slightly soft but I hear the RS5’s have addressed most of the wear issues (although we’ve never had any major issues with wear personally...guess it’s how you drive it).

might be tempted by the PS4’s if price is right...Pzero we’re always a favourite until the RS3’s came along.

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK

Steve J

May 26, 2019
I’ve had RS3’s and the wife also and they’ve been excellent...slightly soft but I hear the RS5’s have addressed most of the wear issues (although we’ve never had any major issues with wear personally...guess it’s how you drive it).

might be tempted by the PS4’s if price is right...Pzero we’re always a favourite until the RS3’s came along.

I've got the RS5s for £50 a corner on the 16s through black circles a few weeks ago I booked. The ps4 price is £380 all in for where I'm getting them fitted on my 18s.

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
G
Just had a quick spy for all 4...

Uniroyal RS5’s - £318
Goodyear Asym 5 - £346
Dunlop SP Sport Max RT2 - £350
Bridgestone S001’s - £382
Conti Sport Contact 5 - £386
PS4’s - £418

All at my local place but need to shop around a bit...based on the above be sticking with RS5’s if they’re as good as the 3’s I’ll be more than happy.

Good work personal shopper!

I'll probably do the same, based on cost and how happy I've been with the 3's.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
G

Good work personal shopper!

I'll probably do the same, based on cost and how happy I've been with the 3's.
I’ve just tried another website and the prices vary wildly.

Worth a shop round (which I’m sure you do anyway) but hard to tear myself away from the Uni’s after the last 4 years with them...better start my annual tyre review reading session haha.

Reactions: BillyCool

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
That is very encouraging to hear because I just put a brand new set of them on mine last month so hopefully last equally as long as they have done you so far
Yeah I had Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the 280 and considering the front tyres take more of a hammering, they still looked good when I traded the car in 14,000 miles later.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Yeah I had Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the 280 and considering the front tyres take more of a hammering, they still looked good when I traded the car in 14,000 miles later.
Might be worth paying a little extra for...what they like in the cold and/or wet?

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
I’ve just tried another website and the prices vary wildly.

Worth a shop round (which I’m sure you do anyway) but hard to tear myself away from the Uni’s after the last 4 years with them...better start my annual tyre review reading session haha.

From the latest ADAC test the Goodyear assy 5 actually has the best tyre wear. Followed by the premium contact 6 and falken 510. Ps4 was 4th. So looks like a no brainer at £70.50 at f1 autocentre for me.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
From the latest ADAC test the Goodyear assy 5 actually has the best tyre wear. Followed by the premium contact 6 and falken 510. Ps4 was 4th. So looks like a no brainer at £70.50 at f1 autocentre for me.
For 18’s?!?!

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
The goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 5’s are more than you will ever need on a leon
I always like a good quality tyre...it’s really annoying me at the mo that my car clearly had a puncture at some stage and rather than get a matching Bridgestone they whacked on a Kumho...it’s a decent one going on the ratings and reviews but who has mismatched tyres across an axel (except me at t he moment)...I don’t even like mismatched front to back when they stop making a tyre!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.