How cold is your aircon?

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
I had my aircon regassed by Kwik Fit only 2 weeks ago but on Low it just doesn't feel icy cold. I'm wondering is this normal or something faulty? Most of my journeys are 5-10 minutes but even after this length of time its not icy.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i usually turn em to hot then Cold then add AC to see if there is a significant difference to each step

Sep 29, 2008
Midlands
When Kwik Fit regassed the system do you know if they did a pressure test?

If not it could be just loosing the gas again, if there's a leak.

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
Funny enough, Kwik Fit did mine end of last Summer & only now have I tried it out properly since & it's seems fine.....and cold

mark smith

"take it or leave it !"
Oct 28, 2007
westbury !
Usually a 10 - 12 deg difference in outside and cabin temps is acceptable. This temp difference is a lot better. The air con condensor gets a bit of a hammering as it's at the front of the engine (stone chips gallor) Most companies inject a dye when re-gassing. So you return a week later, they check the system with a uv light and hopefully see the hole or damage.

Aug 24, 2007
Pollen filter?
Didn't know my leon had a filter, where will i find it ?

right hand side of the windscreen scuttle panel, there's a screw on cover that covers the pollen filter.

The aircon can't breath too well if that is mucky ;)

mark smith

"take it or leave it !"
Oct 28, 2007
westbury !
right hand side of the windscreen scuttle panel, there's a screw on cover that covers the pollen filter.

The aircon can't breath too well if that is mucky ;)

when you put the cover back on, make sure the bugger's fitted correctly. They seem to have a habit of going out of shape, then when the rain moves in, it's soggy carpet time !

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
make sure you have it on 'recirculation'. If you dont all it will do is bring in hot air in from outside and will not work as efficient.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.