How different to drive is a GTi Cordy from a cooking Cordy and a Cordy from a Polo

Aizman

Just wondering cos my 1995 GT has nice solid steering with good feel :D, firm predictable excellent brakes:), and heavy (good) but inconsistent cluth:confused: with a poor gearchange, especially neutral to 1st:(.

Have to say it's a good laugh though, fast enough for London, with little roll but the usual VW Audi Seat and probably Skoda but not driven or been in any nose up and down under acceleration and braking.

Anyway my sis has just bought a 1996 Polo 3dr 1.4. That has finger light steering with poor body control :cry: and scary brakes that dont seem to work and then come in all of a sudden :headhurt: Anyway not very good.

Is that the general view of Seatalites. Is that the name for a group of Seat owning people?:think:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
cooking polo will have narrow wheels, hence light steering, and softer springs. and a narrower front track

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
The brakes are scary on a 1.4 Polo i've had one, again the body rolls alot as the suspension is set up to cushion bumps as the car is meant for pootling round town in and being easy to park, not to be 'driven' as such.

Your GT is for people who want to put some effort into their driving thats why it has firm suspension, nicely weighted steering and big brakes to stop it from the higher speeds it can get to.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise