How do I make my dump valve louder

Nigel Chamberlain

Oct 12, 2019
Hi all. I'm new to all this stuff, and was wondering how I can make my dump valve sound louder. Would an cone air filter help this and what benefit would i see?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Hi all. I'm new to all this stuff, and was wondering how I can make my dump valve sound louder. Would an cone air filter help this and what benefit would i see?

Loudest way to make your recirculation valve louder is by getting a cone cotton oiled filter and a heat shield, and take off engine sound dampening. Also you could run it as a dump valve to atmosphere but that doesn’t work on our cars without tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveWM

Jul 12, 2016
West Midalnds
I thought the dump valve on our cars was pressure relief, recirc, you don’t get the whoosh because the air isn’t ‘waste’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I thought the dump valve on our cars was pressure relief, recirc, you don’t get the whoosh because the air isn’t ‘waste’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is correct but the reason you don’t hear it is because of the air box. Ours recirculate stock to the hot side. Before the intercooler.

Get rid of the air box and you’ll hear it, paper cone filter will be quieter than the oiled cotton filters like k&n.

Amplify the sound of the recirc valve by getting rid of sound deadening material in the engine bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lightup

May 27, 2019
you can hear it with a open filter. i have a cold side relocation kit and i still hear it.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.