How do LCR's hold up on track days?

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Not bad tbh, the biggest thing I've found is that even with the traction control off the esp still cuts in which is a pain in the rectum.

Other then that it's pretty good. A lot depends on how far you go with mods obviously. I've got the forge baffled sump as a precaution and also a 10 row oil cooler plus the oem oil heat exchanger from a B5 S4 which itself gets temps up quicker and in theory should get them down quicker as well. Highest temp I saw at the ring iirc was about 121 C.

Standard brembo discs with ds2500s stood up well for the first few laps at the nurburgring but I think on one lap there was a big queue to get off so couldn't cool the brakes down enough which led to deposits and vibrations. Subsequently used carbotech xp10 at castle Combe with no issues but the screeching at low speed was driving the mrs potty. More potty then normal I should say!

What I've now done is fit TT RS cooling ducts and just bought some more ds2500s so will see how that works out.

Last edited:

Hb69

Jul 16, 2011
Kent
My LC is plenty of fun, but needed some upgrades to make it handle a bit better, and a baffled sump is recommended.

Proff_86

Jan 27, 2010
West Midlands
Thanks for the replies

Im tempted to do this, as I've spent alot of money on the car in recent times and they arent worth much now so why not keep it as a toy.
Was considering a Clio 172 instead but I know the history of my car and how its been treated etc

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
There is part of me which is considering making my LC a track toy aswell currently SORN and sat in my garage. What sort of ££ would it take to complete basic mods mentioned to make it track ready ?

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Where does the S4 heat exchanger go?

Im struggling for room for an oil cooler... not really sure where im gonna run one!

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Where does the S4 heat exchanger go?

Im struggling for room for an oil cooler... not really sure where im gonna run one!

Should be just enough room on top of your front crash bar for a 10 row although I'm sure others have fitted bigger. I've also seen people fit oil coolers where the original side mount intercooler goes.

I fitted the S4 heat exchanger at the same time as the oil cooler so couldn't say how much one does over the other but logic says it's the oil cooler doing most of the cooling.

Have a look at this post for the S4 heat exchanger. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4569035&postcount=30

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
thermostatic sandwich plate, ditch the factory cooler (its a failure potential for oil/water) and 16 row cooler..
We've mounted them on top of fmic before in LCR. also sidewise possible but not quite as easy and less obvious airflow when fmic pipework also running through there.. fog lights etc

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members