How do you remove/replace the bonnet?

Big Tony

Sep 20, 2018
I'm looking to replace the bonnet on my seat Ibiza 1.4 TDI and have been offered a swap with a car that is being broken for parts. How do you remove and replace the bonnet? Is this a difficult job and what tools are needed? Thanks

briscoe

Apr 16, 2013
I wouldn't say not a big nor particularly difficult job. General socket set should get you through it. Make sure you have a second person for holding the bonnet when the bolts are undone.
Open the bonnet and put on the bonnet stay. Bottom left side and right side you will see a bracket with two bolts (approx 13mm head). Slacken them off the bonnet will move slightly don't fully remove at that point. Get the second person to hold the bonnet so it doesn't drop and either hit the screen or top of the wings. Do one side at a time. Lift it clear of the car. Fitting, opposite of removal lol just check it's aligned with previous marks before attempting to drop it shut.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Helps to have a couple of people holding the bonnet while you bolt/unbolt it, especially when getting the alignment perfect putting it onto your own can.
Might need a few attempts to get it spot on.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.