How does a Civic Type R compare to a mk1 LC?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Underestimate a Civic Type R at your own peril. Quite a few that shape have superchargers nowadays, and a standard one would outhandle 99% of MK1 Leons too.

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
The ep3 is a weapon in the right hands. on twisty roads it would skin an LC/LCR. It has excellent handling, and a very good gearbox.

Far more rewarding to drive than an LC/LCR, you actually have to do some work which is what i like. You also get alot more feedback from the CTR, rather than just pressing a pedal and steering which is all you get with the LCR, it just feels numb, not much feed back from the steering, and no feedback from the pedals.

If you want one, go for it! Im currently looking into selling the LCR for a DC2 Type R.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
I don't want one, I just wanted to know the comparison between these car's. Where I live every other car you see is a EP3, I like the Leon, it's different.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
I don't want one, I just wanted to know the comparison between these car's. Where I live every other car you see is a EP3, I like the Leon, it's different.

you could do with this :cartman:;

3829613622a11260401932l.jpg

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Pace for pace mates 227 dynoed Civic Type R Vesus my LC - I quote you "My Vtec wasnt working properly"............. ermmmm and then when I rinsed you in the bends "Silence".

HAHA! Id say pretty even cars but yer - have to NAIL the civic to get it to move - used to own one, now LOVING my LC!! But ALOT is to do with the squishy bit behind the wheel.

To be fair the clio 182 cup is a good handling little motor! Mate set a 9'01 at the Ring last yr in it - lets just say im gona be hunting him down in 5 weeks time!! WOOP WOOP!!!

VAG all the way baby!!

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
im probberly the best to comment on this due to coming from a 250.6bhp civic type r to a LCR as said in the corners the leon wouldnt have a chance, and my LCR is slower than my civic, the leon does feel faster but thats down to the torque, on a road near me i tested them both before with the satnav, and by the end of it the leon is about 30mph behind, thinking about goin back down the civic route at the min, but will be going with the jackson racing supercharger on it

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
im probberly the best to comment on this due to coming from a 250.6bhp civic type r to a LCR as said in the corners the leon wouldnt have a chance, and my LCR is slower than my civic, the leon does feel faster but thats down to the torque, on a road near me i tested them both before with the satnav, and by the end of it the leon is about 30mph behind, thinking about goin back down the civic route at the min, but will be going with the jackson racing supercharger on it

see the ep3 is another car on my list, at the moment im swaying towards the DC2 jsut for pure thrills, although the EP3 is still firmly up there! [B)]

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
see the ep3 is another car on my list, at the moment im swaying towards the DC2 jsut for pure thrills, although the EP3 is still firmly up there! [B)]

the dc2 is one of the best handeling front wheel drive cars you will ever drive, i love the ek9 type R civic, always had a soft spot for them, i can recommend the ep3 tho, just a warning tho, tuning is not cheap at all

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough

Have you remapped your LCR ?

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Interesting.

But on the other hand i haven't meet yet a CTR that would be faster (straight line of course) that my old, Leon Cupra (180) with stage 1 remap to 215. I know they are much better in handling.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Interesting.

But on the other hand i haven't meet yet a CTR that would be faster (straight line of course) that my old, Leon Cupra (180) with stage 1 remap to 215. I know they are much better in handling.

as i stated mate mine was far from standard, but in standard from id be in your corner, but then again you cant really compare standard vs modded

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
the CTR is my favourite car to beat on the roads, as most of their drivers seem to think their VTEC makes their car the fastest thing this side of a space rocket!!

Not a huge amount in it to be honest, although rolling starts below about 50mph I think the LCR should easily have the civic as they will not be setting off in the magic VTEC....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.