Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

How does a Civic Type R compare to a mk1 LC?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by Mo Arif, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Graham89

Graham89 Active Member

I can sit up a CTR's bumper easily and it's only a standard 180bhp model. Do like the CTR's though :)

2. Lodey23

My cupra is around 230bhp and had a pop at a CTR and it was quick yes, but couldnt keep up, plus my LC looks box standard from the outside, apart from the supersprint exhaust

3. hara

hara Active Member

In terms of comfort the CTR is often described as 'raw' but for me it's quite harsh in the long run, like riding in a tin can. And the LCR with the Recaros and once I fitted the A3 armrest is quite civilised, even when lowered and on Bilsteins.

And the Civic interior is just hideous!

4. WeeG

5. maberzee

maberzee CUPRA 4 EVA

+1 it is disgusting!! so plastic and cheap looking.

6. maberzee

maberzee CUPRA 4 EVA

i hate them too and also find they are very very common in comparison to the LC or LCR!!

7. revere

revere Active Member

cant stand the gear stick position in a Type R, always put me off buying one. I haven't had a challenge from a Type R in Scotland. One mk4 5 golf wich made a good job of keeping up till 5th gear :D

8. Faisal

Faisal UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR

one thing iv recently learned is that a £16 door seal for our SEATs would cost £60 for a honda (integra mind you, but the civic might well be the same!)

9. Art0ir

Art0ir TDi Ho

Definitely agree with the ride quality, even the FN2. Test drove one last year and commented on it to the dealer and his reply was something along the lines of "well built.. very solid.. murmur murmur" :lol:

10. maberzee

maberzee CUPRA 4 EVA

imho i think the placing of the gear stick is one of te best bits about the car lol. but each to their own i suppose

11. Tonybeau

Tonybeau Guest

Test drove about a dozen CTRs before I test drove the Leons. I must admit that I did quite like the civic especially the couple I tested that had induction kits and sports exhausts - the sound once the vtec kicked in could be addictive.

The main reason I went for the LCR once I test drove them is the torque is there as long as you are around 2500rpm and the civic you had to thrash all the time to get the best out of it. Having said that though they are supposed to be uber reliable engines.

I also just prefferred the build quality of the Seat - just feels a lot more solid and a bit more expensive.

Don't think I would have been dissapointed had I gone for the civic either though but glad I went with the LCR - especially after the remap:D:D

12. Vipers_Venom

Vipers_Venom King Leonidas

LOL - That pic just says it all - Quality!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

13. GregM

GregM Active Member

Given a choice, I'd take a LCR. Don't get me wrong it'd be a hard choice, I do like the CTR and I have a few friends who either own or owned one but the LCR takes it in the end as just a better all round car, thats just my opinion though.

14. Joeb

[​IMG]

You have a lovely car mate, dont get me wrong
    but sorry mate, thats as cringe worthy as...

[​IMG]

15. Faisal

Faisal UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR

[​IMG]

16. Steely

Steely semiskimmed cupra R

they only civic worth having was the EK9, in the right hands will eat most things,

Ive never been a fan of common jap stuff though, they have a stigma attached,

always makes me chuckle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojB7KkaR03I

17. TubbyTwo

TubbyTwo Taking a break from JDM..

agree, would love an EP3 but due to the image they now have its a no go :(

prefer rare stuff like the DC2s and DC5s, hardly ever see those.

18. t0m

t0m LCR 225

CTR for the track stock and LCR for everday.

Watch the 5th Gear vid on youtube where Tiff Needell proved the CTR is the one for the track.

LCR is a far better everyday option, more comfy, less snappy, smooth and when you want to - cheaper to modify.

I'd never say the CTR is a bad car though. On-song they are pretty nippy and if your into the JAP scene, it's probably the best buy out there in that market. I also love the 'racey' almost throttle body noise they make under hard acceleration. Almost touring car sound from a stock sub 10k hatch has gotta be worth a go if JAP is your scene.

I considered the CTR long and hard before my 1st LCR, and it was edged out on alot of area's which counted to me.

The new CTR is a big let down however! Not just on looks.

19. chris_lcr

chris_lcr LCR 225

20. TubbyTwo

TubbyTwo Taking a break from JDM..

yep agree there, its a very very capable car, just a shame that its got the wrong image :(

Like you i was also looking at CTRs before the LCR, will still have one in the future, just fancied somthing different.

usually i find that people who go on about how slow they are and you need to ring their necks everytime you drive it, usually havent ever driven one.

Its a different style of car, no it may not be the fastet car in a straight line, but its about excellent handling and mechanical genius when it comes to the engine. 200hp from an na engine is good going for the everyday car!

anyone can drive fast in a straight line, its teh corners and tracks where it counts ;)