How easy is your car to steal

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Deleted member 103408

Reactions: Seastormer

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
One thing I like about my 8 year old car lol I was never a fan of keyless entry with my Focus... not sure why as it's a gadget.

I have a friend who has his Focus ST keys in pouches, moved his ODB port and has a big steering lock all just to make it harder to steal.

Thing is... if a thief wants your car they will take it...

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/01/how-easy-is-your-car-to-steal/

and full list of cars tested https://dwkujuq9vpuly.cloudfront.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Cars-tested-by-ADAC.pdf

Bestselling UK cars with security flaws Keyless versions of four of the five best-selling cars in the UK are among the many models that can be stolen using the relay attack. The Vauxhall Corsa can’t be stolen in this way because it isn’t available with keyless entry and start.
Yeh read that myself today, and they charge you extra for the keyless version too, as only available on the lux 290, won't be buying that anytime soon.

caz95

Jan 6, 2019
No surprise the Focus is in the top 4, if you have an ST/RS where I live there's a 99% chance someone's gonna try rob it. Can think of 3 off the top of my head this year that been done alone. Same with the S3 and golf R

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
Couldn't wait for my leased Golf GTi to go back , had keys in faraday pouch but now reading these are proving useless as well.

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Couldn't wait for my leased Golf GTi to go back , had keys in faraday pouch but now reading these are proving useless as well.
Did the car attract a lot of attention on your drive way? I'm considering leasing one but the thought of it being so easy to steal is off putting

My current 9 year old FR goes unnoticed, possibly because the demand for newer cars to break for parts/sell on is greater

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
Did the car attract a lot of attention on your drive way?

I'm used to having 'nice' cars but none have been keyless. The car itself is pretty understated but those that are interested in cars would comment.
I've had more comments on the Freetrack but more of "what the F".
Having read this week that faraday pouches are becoming less of a blocker due to thieves using more powerful transmitters you would hope manufacturers either up their game or offer conventional keys again.
Thieves are all around so country or city it'll depend on luck as to whether you get to keep your car.

Also don't believe older cars are less likely to be nicked , golf mk4 are pretty high on the list.
My insurance on a 51 plate 130tdi banger was £300 higher than the 2016 gti.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Not easy enough.......Ive left it parked around the corner from my house for about a week now , its not locked and its still there :-(

Deleted member 103408

Knowing your luck with cars at the moment they would probably trash it and the police would find it and bring it back.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Neither of ours are keyless go cars, and mine lives in the garage which due to the electric door is very hard to open without the remote, don’t want a ‘smart’ key, I’ve seen how often they fail and how much they to replace if lost/broken.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.