How fast for minimum spend

sts89

A friend of mine is thinking of buying a Mk1 Cupra and wants to track it with minimum spending on it.

How much weight can be stripped out, has anyone weighed the electric leather seats, doorcards, stereo etc?

Add a remap to 210BHP and what sort of figures do you think the car will run?

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
At least 260bhp from a remap - worth getting a new air filter and diverter valve as well.

The Leons not a great starting point for a track car being quite heavy so it may need uprating brake discs, arbs, strut braces, springs etc :)

Good car as a daily driver + track use though.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
A friend of mine is thinking of buying a Mk1 Cupra and wants to track it with minimum spending on it.

How much weight can be stripped out, has anyone weighed the electric leather seats, doorcards, stereo etc?

Add a remap to 210BHP and what sort of figures do you think the car will run?
Better off with a MK3 Ibiza TBH.
The same engine as a Leon Cupra R but about 100Kgs less before stripping
A stripped Ibiza will weight about 1,100 Kgs, a LCR about 1,250 Kgs.

Tell your mate to get an Ibiza either with or buy a KO4 turbo and you'll be laughing

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Does it have to be road legal? reason I ask is theres a Leon cupra cheap on the autotrader website at a salvage company but it can't be put back on the road.........don't know if thats any help.

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
as said ibiza will be better track car my old one was totally stripped it weighed 924kg ;) and was 350bhp and fook me it was insane :D god i miss that car

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.