How I 'clean' my car! Picture Heavy! - Full detail

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
More products arrive for next time :D
IMAG0233.jpg

Red Mist is a cracking spray sealant but dont use it in direct sun light or wind... the spray is super fine so in wind it just blows away and if not in tropical form it evaporates too quickly to give you chance to work it in / buff it when its hot.

Its a nice top up product over waxes though :thumbup:

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Red Mist is a cracking spray sealant but dont use it in direct sun light or wind... the spray is super fine so in wind it just blows away and if not in tropical form it evaporates too quickly to give you chance to work it in / buff it when its hot.

Its a nice top up product over waxes though :thumbup:

I've used it a few times now, and I love it :D

Smells so nice :love:

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
I feel ashamed after reading this thread, I don't pay nearly half the due attention and care as you do Arun.

I just wanna go out and hug her and tell her its all ok, and I will wash her soon, really detail her and love her and tell her a bedtime story.....and **** :cry:

Great thread, car is spot on. :clap:

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Cheers but I'm not that way inclined lol:D

I just need to stop bein a lazy fekker and get tore in:shrug:

Get it done! :D

I feel ashamed after reading this thread, I don't pay nearly half the due attention and care as you do Arun.

I just wanna go out and hug her and tell her its all ok, and I will wash her soon, really detail her and love her and tell her a bedtime story.....and **** :cry:

Great thread, car is spot on. :clap:

:lol:

This is nothing :happy:....Cheers dude :)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
What's the clay bar thing all about? Is it any good for tar spots? My paint work's covered in the crap, I gave it a wee wash the other morning and you can really feel the tar. I think there's enough for a small pothole:D

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
What's the clay bar thing all about? Is it any good for tar spots? My paint work's covered in the crap, I gave it a wee wash the other morning and you can really feel the tar. I think there's enough for a small pothole:D

Seriously go out and buy a clar bar and kit. The results are truly amazing after a thorough work through. You will see how much contaminent is still on the paint work even after a good wash.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Cool I'll check them out and add to my newer list of managable things to do in the near future.:D My other list is nuts lol.

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
Cool I'll check them out and add to my newer list of managable things to do in the near future.:D My other list is nuts lol.

:lol: I was a man possessed the first time i used a clay bar. I was talking to myself and laughing at the results, must have seemed odd at a distance. On the other hand it could have been a reaction to the nuts....:shrug:

craigmk6

Mar 6, 2010
leeds
would of changed the the polish and wax not a fan of either.

also i wouldnt of used back to black its awful stuff.

with the clay i kneed it after a panal and i always use tardis before it to get the tar etc off thats what clogs the clay 90% of the time.

but with stuff like this its always what works best for you when i have changed cars i find some products dont work as good etc.

DavidN

Waxy Detailing Detailer
Jun 21, 2011
Hartlepool
bump!

great thread, need to keep it running. im a detailingaholic, just cant get enough!
i claybar everything, its greatest invention! but i would so so recommend that once you clay bar it you use some paint cleaner, like meguiars or swissvax paint cleaner

deep-crystal-step-1-cleaner.png

cleaner-fluid-professional-500ml.png

it is suprising how much rubbish is carried in the clay lube and if you dont wipe it off instantly it dries into your paint again.

ive just clayed the ibiza and then paint cleaned it. the microfiber cloth was black by the time i took off the cleaner fluid! :rolleyes: so guna clay it again then cleaner fluid it once more.

The result is all about the prep work!:D

DavidN

Waxy Detailing Detailer
Jun 21, 2011
Hartlepool
What polish / wax do you recommend? (Out of interest)...

Collinite 476 Super Double Coat Wax
476-super-double-coat-wax.png

amazing stuff, never used it but a mate of mine swears by it, and his car beads water like there is no tomorrow! im guna order some

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Colli 476s is a good hard wearing durable wax but imo it doesnt really add any real depth or gloss to the finish. dont get me wrong, for the money is awesome stuff and nothing in its price bracket can match it for beading and durability.

Thing is, if your after a really glossy wet finish there are better waxes for a little more.

Down side at that price range is that you have to trade good looks for durability imo.