How long does your washer fluid last?

brush.

I'm only getting about 200 miles per 2 litre washer bottle re-fill these days. I used to get over 400 miles per fill but that was back in the summer. Not sure if I have a leak or if I'm just using loads due to the wet roads and muck and spray :confused:

So how often are you guys having to fill her up?

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
In the summer (when we get one) I tend to use screenwipes every couple of days cos the bugs ruin the blades, but in the winter I probably go through a bottle every 2 months.

bazzahpool

my washer bottle is leaking, as there is a small wet patch under where the bottle is. is this a common fault and any idea what the problem is?

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
I go thru stupid amounts! Fill it up once a week. I do travel a lot though. Daily 15min commutes on week days back and forth from college which is all motorway miles and then meeting up with friends on a night and weekends.

I have a fetish for the stuff! Constantly washing the window! If I run out, I have to find the nearest petrol station or make a trip home. It gets on my nerves.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
my washer bottle is leaking, as there is a small wet patch under where the bottle is. is this a common fault and any idea what the problem is?

Pipe coming off, pump housing corroded and split - maybe both and maybe caused by using too "weak" a mix in low temperatures. Get underneath and take a look!

bazzahpool

cheers everyone, just thought id ask before i have a look and strip it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members