How long have you got before you have to pick up a newly delivered car?

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I know it's a bit of a strange one and people usually stress about how long they have to wait for their new car but in my circumstances it suits me better to get the car around the time i was told it'd probably be ready but it's turned out to be earlier than expected. I was expecting it at the end of May having been told what to allow but was recently told it could be here before the end of this month.

Is there any pressure on me to pick the car up within a certain time frame? The dealer made out that it was usually within a month (or the same month?) but I wondered what peoples experiences were on here as it's usually the best & most trustworthy guide out there!

cheers troops,
demonear

Really depends on the garage? Are you talking about pre registration ie signing of the docs or after you have signed them? If it's afterwards and you're wanting it there because you have no space at home due to another car then it would be at their discretion as to how long they'll store it on their premises.

mark

Cupra 02
Feb 10, 2002
Hertfordshire
Visit site
Mines turned up early, was ordered mid Feb told should be in mid May. Phone call from the dealer today and was told its in already and I could have it by the weekend:D

Only 3 weeks ago dealer confirmed still mid May as build week was going to be week 14 i.e. last week!!!!

Unfortunately I cant collect until Monday but cant believe its here.

Not sure where you stand though

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Really depends on the garage? Are you talking about pre registration ie signing of the docs or after you have signed them? If it's afterwards and you're wanting it there because you have no space at home due to another car then it would be at their discretion as to how long they'll store it on their premises.

it's not preregistered, it's brand new & was ordered right at the end of the scrappage scheme. It's mainly because i dont feel safe leaving it parked out on the main busy street & I'm getting a basic driveway built for off street parking & i'm not at the stage where the work can be carried out yet!

mark

Cupra 02
Feb 10, 2002
Hertfordshire
Visit site
The only thing I am aware of reguards to scrapage is that the sale must complete within 4 months which was not a problem at the start of the offer as the garage could re-appy but now its come to the end that wont be an option.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members