How long is everyone getting out of thier front tyres

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
I drive pretty easy really with just one or two moments thrown in ;) but i never scream of the line with the tyres smoking.

My FR Tdi hits 2 years old in march and with less than 7k on the clock :blink: (yeah i know) but my P Zeros look already half worn :doh: and at this rate i will be lucky to see 15k out of them. Is this normal for P Zeros ?

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
9k for the front p zero's, i had to get used to my new car :p

about 12k for the toyo t1rs that are about to be replaced.

15k sounds about right for normal driving.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I drive pretty easy really with just one or two moments thrown in ;) but i never scream of the line with the tyres smoking.

My FR Tdi hits 2 years old in march and with less than 7k on the clock :blink: (yeah i know) but my P Zeros look already half worn :doh: and at this rate i will be lucky to see 15k out of them. Is this normal for P Zeros ?

They are quite soft.

I changed my front Uniroyal Rainsports at 18,000 miles.

Have you had the front bushes changed for the CUPRA ones ? - makes a big difference to tyre wear.

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
T1r's are good.

Glad you said that about rainsports cos that what i'll be trying next.

DScape

Dubbed
Apr 9, 2007
Derby
www.yeomansinc.co.uk
Bought the Cupra in March '09, tyres had quite a bit of tread so I've just checked the history and they were changed @ 46K and I got the car @ 53K.

It's now done about 64K now and I'm changing them next week as there's about ~2mm left.

So that'll be 18K on BF Goodrich tyres, but it'll be Rainsport 2's for me next.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
mine are'nt lasting too great, but to be honest the pirellis are not that great.

So i'll be changing mine for the daddy tyres in next few weeks, Vredestein Sessantas, best tyres out there by far

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
18,000 on my front tyres.

Set got on at the moment, one on the left is wearing down quicker in the middle than the sides.
What causes this, under or over air pressure ?

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I get 18-20,000 miles out of the Bridgestone Turanzas that were on the car and that I replaced them with. Currently halfway through my fourth set at 70,000 miles.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Mine are slightly more worn in the centre. I run abot 32 psi on the fronts which maybe is too high. If a drop to 28 psi the steering seems to tug in your hands.

Also noticed a bit of tramlining on the duel carridgeway, even a painted solid white line can do it :blink:

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Christ. Wish mine did 15k to a set. During the summer months mine was eating a set of Yoko's every 5-7k. Nothing to do with tracking/inflation. Just some hard driving and lotsa tyre chewing torque.

CJM Ibiza FR 07

Hi all,

I'm looking to change all 4 of mine. I also found the Pirelli's were poor, as I take it relatively easy when driving.

Has anybody got any good recommendations for my new set? I'll be trying to keep it cheap as got lots of things going on at the mo.

Any help would be good.

Thanks

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
I've got toyo t1r's all round, fitted 10,000 miles ago, fronts are now nackered, especially on inner edge, i've allready had tracking done, but still wears the inside out more than anywhere else. Also my car is standard 130bhp. However for grip they're brilliant, and ok in wet, I think they're so grippy beacause they're a very soft compound, but I suppose this means they wear out quicker, you can't have everything! oh and if you buy 4 at once you can get them for £50 a tyre in 205/40/17. So I'd reccomend them.

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I've got toyo t1r's all round, fitted 10,000 miles ago, fronts are now nackered, especially on inner edge, i've allready had tracking done, but still wears the inside out more than anywhere else. Also my car is standard 130bhp. However for grip they're brilliant, and ok in wet, I think they're so grippy beacause they're a very soft compound, but I suppose this means they wear out quicker, you can't have everything! oh and if you buy 4 at once you can get them for £50 a tyre in 205/40/17. So I'd reccomend them.

Cant fault the toyos tbh.

CDJONES3495

I didn't like the toyo's that much i have just changed my wheels for 18's so now running 215/35/18 and i got Faulken fk452 tyres put on them and they are great. They perform just as good as the Michelin Pilot Sport Exalto 2 tyres i had on my last car but wasn't paying £160 a tyre for them. So got the faulkens and there only £260 for all 4 from camskill tyres.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise