How long will it take to fit a new ARB?

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
just ordered an eiback kit for mine, got access to post ramps in a workshop to fit it too so will try and do a front and rear fitting guide.

let us know how it goes

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
2 hours makes it a big job then, when people say removing the subframe, how much "stuff " is that, as in whats attached to it? anyone got a picture of said subframe?

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
2 hours makes it a big job then, when people say removing the subframe, how much "stuff " is that, as in whats attached to it? anyone got a picture of said subframe?

They don't remove the subframe they only drop it to get a the ARB, most people highlight this as its the biggest negative to doing the job yourself and it is, well unless you have your out lift or ramp and you know what you are doing.

The subframe supports the steering rack, so this needs to be supported before you drop the subframe, in addition to this the bolts securing the subframe are a pig to remove, an impact gun is probably the best in some cases to remove, but need to be torqued correctly going back on.

This is not a job to go at half assed, they is serious risks to your health and your car if you do not know what your are doing.

Leave it to the professionals would be my advise.

This is an install for a TT but gives you an idea.

http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/anti-rollbar_stuff/neuspeed_22mm_front/

Last edited:

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
apologies but i may have made myself sound stupider than i am.

have done lowering / arb jobs on saxos, fiestas corsas etc before where removing the subframe wasnt necessary.

so to do the arb on a leon, the subframe remains connected at some points but is able to dangle due to natural play in bushes etc. and it is lowered away fom the chassis giving you room to pull the arb out and put a new one in yes?

will probs be able to work it out anyway once i look at it properly, dad is helping too so should be easier.

this will be the first DIY job i have done on my leon so far as i anticipated getting rid of it.

any more tips for the procedure just to save time.

any thing else that needs to be removed or sorted to remove, as said im sure we will manage but was wondering if there were anything unusual.

cheers again

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
also anyine got any idea what the torque settings are for anything removed?

cheers again, i fell out with haynes manuals a long time ago, useless sh**e

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
This is not a job to go at half assed, they is serious risks to your health and your car if you do not know what your are doing.

http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/anti-rollbar_stuff/neuspeed_22mm_front/

lol, sounds like a normal day at work.

cheers for that link mate, giving me an idea now, will try and shed some light on this for the forum as this appears to be something the pro's keep to themselves judging by google searches

have you got a link for the back one too?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.