how low can toledos go???

odd-head

new to the dub scene
Feb 27, 2010
calne, wiltshire
hello just been looking at suspension kits for my car and come across this on the Spax adjustable kit

Notes:
(17) At over 45mm lowering at the front, a modified anti roll bar is required to prevent fouling. Struts will not fit cars with the anti roll bar link attached to the strut.

is this true? as alot of people run coilovers and surely go lower?

cheers
myles

k3nny

im guessing so, they just say they come with a pair of adjustable droplinks for going lower than 40mm

k3nny

droplinks look very nice! bookmarked them cheers!

and yeah those billys should do the trick, pricey tho

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I had Jamex on my old Cavalier, they were really nice. They were only fixed dampers and springs but they totally transformed the car.

I've also been looking at the Bilstein B6's, awesome kit but they're designed to work with standard springs and not change the ride height, which is the opposite to what you're after! :)

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
www.gardensandhouses.co.uk
I've got my V5 on a set of Spax Springs and adjustable Shocks which seem to be really good. I've had them in for almost 3 years now. The car is lowered by 30mm all round. I was told I would need a modified ARB, if I went to 40 or 45. However, IMO, 40 to 45 would be too low. I find the 30's make the whole underside a real problem on sleeping policemen (or indeed the live ones)!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I wonder if I could ask a question relating to that Jamex kit? I'm tempted to get it, but I'd be staying at the higher end of the adjustment. Would I still fit the adjustable drop links, or are they exclusively for going below 40mm?

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Don't need them - but it's a nice to have

I've dropped mine about as far as I can realistically go on coilovers (taking into account speedhumps etc nr. me) and I've not done anything to the ARB or droplinks

I got some creaking noises on a really twisty downhill road in Derbyshire once, but no problems at all in day-to-day use

22552350002_large.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Thanks for the info TllEWL, I had sent the same question to the Ebay seller and he's come back with the same response. He also pointed me in the direction of the same set without the drop links for £200.

K3nny/Odd-head, if it helps the item number for the set without drop links is 330406128500, then you can go for the drop links from veedubmachine?

odd-head

new to the dub scene
Feb 27, 2010
calne, wiltshire
Don't need them - but it's a nice to have

I've dropped mine about as far as I can realistically go on coilovers (taking into account speedhumps etc nr. me) and I've not done anything to the ARB or droplinks

I got some creaking noises on a really twisty downhill road in Derbyshire once, but no problems at all in day-to-day use

22552350002_large.jpg

sweet looking ride [B)]
what coilovers are you using?? and are the wheels 18"??

k3nny

K3nny/Odd-head, if it helps the item number for the set without drop links is 330406128500, then you can go for the drop links from veedubmachine?

thanks mate that helps alot, getting my seized caliper sorted tomorrow, then it that doesnt bankrupt me ill be ordering them

joe dirt

i took the antiroll bar and drop links out of mine an lowered it 180 mil it was on the street but it broke two passenger drive shafts in three days because they were running at such a angel i lifted it two about 150 mil an that seems to be goin ok for now

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Sorry mate, I'm going to have to cry 'foul' on that. The front wheel has only 100mm clearance, the rear has 150mm, but the distance between the sills and the ground is only 170mm. Even if you remove the plastic liners for the wheel arches and just about got the wheels high enough, lowering it 180 mm would have the car lying on the ground. Even 150mm give you about the width of a gnats chuff under the car!!

Those aren't from memory by the way, I had to go out to my car and check! ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.