How lucky am I being the first in the UK to have a Leon TDI FR

LEONFRTDI2K6

fullfrontal.jpg
Yes I am a lucky recipient of the New Leon FR TDI 16v in emocion red and the beautiful thing about it was that I received it on the 12/07/06 and the car wasn't booked for relase until the 17th........It pays to have contacts in high places........meaning I was most possibly the first in the UK to own one and at the mo I have still not seen another one driving around....so where are you all.....

Anyway had to let people know about that exciting prospect, the car is wicked quick economical so beautiful toys handles nice but still smooth and refined, looks absolutly beautiful possibly one of the most residually modern cars on the road, a pure headturner even other New Leon owners look. to see whats different...

Check the pics, and come on anyone else who has the FR both TDI or TFSI, get in contact....
leonresize.jpg

leonresize2.jpg

leonresize3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
well done mate, looks v nice and it has the look of a headturner, people are interested as it doesn't blend in,

but you know as it's the first on the road, also makes it the oldest ;)

LEONFRTDI2K6

true...

true statement but I don't really care I couldn't wait until they stopped making them could I......;->

I love it, its great most recommended.... and cheaper, better looking and better equipped than Golf GT TDI 170 equivalent.

cheers

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
LEONFRTDI2K6 said:
true statement but I don't really care I couldn't wait until they stopped making them could I......;->

I love it, its great most recommended.... and cheaper, better looking and better equipped than Golf GT TDI 170 equivalent.

cheers

They don't do the 170 engine in the Golf :)

Triple D

I seen a red one the other weekend when i was coming back from surrey, on the M25 going in the opposite direction, wasnt you by any chance was it?

LEONFRTDI2K6

They do they have a 1.4 TSI 170 and a 2.0 TDI 170, I suggest you visit this link, where I sourced my information from....
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new_cars/golf/gt_spec

It is described as a GT 2.0 170PS 6spd DPF (diesel particulate filter) same as Leon FR..
the reason why I know is because I was looking at the Golf first, we have a VW Beetle as well and when we got it serviced I looked in the new brochure....

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 12, 2005
I saw one on the A1M......TBH didnt look all that speicial compared to the old one. Also I have been told by numerous revo people That the leon fr has the same turbo as they 140bhp one and thus it is at its hightest state of tune and cant really be remapped much past 180bhp! But very nice cars anyway...congrats

LEONFRTDI2K6

yeah right ok then.........it looks so much more modern and stylish its a gorgeous car, the previous model FR and Cupra are nice and do look mean admittedly but the styling has been stretched now...

In reference to the 2.0 TDI 170 vs 140 correct it does share the same turbo as the 140, and is mapped at the higher end for the extra power, it also has a bigger twin inlet manifold and bigger airflow as well as bigger exhaust outlet.. the 1.9 PD TDI 150 did have its own turbo so has more low down grunt, where as the 2.0 TDI 170 matchs the 1.9 TDI 150 until 2500revs where the TDI 170 bursts into life, it has a strange racey feel and is a lot more refined...the 150 admittedly is quieter and a lot more economical.....

The reason why I know is because I had a TDI 150 before (wicked)...

As for tuning you can tune the 140 up to 186bhp, the 170 can be tuned above 200, because I have already tried the PD box (from my 150 which took it to 187) and it recorded 204bhp........

Cheers

LEONFRTDI2K6

apologies about the pics forgot they are direct from my 4.2 megapixel camera will down size asap..

cheers

hengel

Really love the wheels. I'm still have to make up my mind about the colour: Red ande Brisa Blue are my favs for now..

LEONFRTDI2K6

I know they are wicked wheels aren't they and they are so easy to clean...
I was tempted with the 18" upgrades and I saw a black one at the show room with them on but I prefer the 17" (cheaper tyres and easier to clean)....
I like the red (obviously) but on autotrader Perrys is selling a black one with big FR decals on the side and the 18" alloys it looks the dogs danglys..
check it out http://www.perrys.co.uk/used_choice?reg_no=OX06HGC&referring_site=autotrader
cheers

melidman

how lucky am i to break fr tdi?

had the car from the day it was available has been going fantastic till today heater plug lamp flashing. Seat dealer no probs run it gentle till you can bring it in then engine management sign stayed on, run it even more gentle. they must be having a laugh! if you have drove one of these tdi 170 ps, gentle driving is imposible the torque is addictive. it tends to lift a wheel on the back when you are getting a move on, according to the guy who was following me back from the dealer when i picked it up:drool: :bleh:

LEONFRTDI2K6

Oh know what a blow., don't jinx me......The dealer will sort it its probably just a false alarm at the worst a dodgy glow plug....I know what you mean about the addictive torque the tdi 170 is rev hungry loves racing right up to the 4200 mark....its impossible to keep the revs under 2500 without changing gear, have to say though I have done 1400 miles now and it is getting better, it is loosening up nicely, you can get away with low rev gear changes and I am now getting 33/34 mpg to the urban cycle... one question does your cruise control lamp come on when its in use???? because mine don't.....

Cheers hope you get it sorted quickly...

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
my fr cruise light dosent come on either and i dont have any options, i tihnk its part of an option pack that gives the bigger display, i dont recall seeing it when it illuminates all led's upon ignition either, the manual isnt that useful either and im still narked that theres no rear ciggy lighter on the center console, website says theres 2.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members