How lucky am I being the first in the UK to have a Leon TDI FR

LEONFRTDI2K6

yeah there is an option which enables a multifunction computer with a bigger screen, as well as heated seats, auto dimming mirror and some other bits... I thought there was two 12v aux inputs as well, I bought an in car freezer and realised I only had the one input.... there are some nice design features but isn't there a lot of plastic inside??.......although it is easy to ignore, the car is fast.... I have been a bit naughty as well because I tried my PD box from my last car (TDI 150) and it was insane, I had to take it out, 207 ps in that engine is dangerous..........maybe in a few years I might put it back in but for now I am happy with the 170ps...
cheers

ben_tdi

Carnivor said:
my fr cruise light dosent come on either and i dont have any options, i tihnk its part of an option pack that gives the bigger display, i dont recall seeing it when it illuminates all led's upon ignition either, the manual isnt that useful either and im still narked that theres no rear ciggy lighter on the center console, website says theres 2.

my tdi sport does not have a cruise light, spoke to the dealer and they said book it in to be looked at, but then next day phone call back to say that another customer had complained of the same problem and after a call to the factory they confirmed that they do not fit a cruise light any more, with the standard trip computer dash, not sure about the multifunction display dash.

LEONFRTDI2K6

just another way of saving money I suppose if you don't want it you don't get it oif you do you have to pay for it marvellous, mind you considering cruise control is because almost standard an all specs, I can see how they are cutting out the lamps, mind you one less thing to fail, mind you typical o f Seat to not know about it....

cheers

LEONFRTDI2K6

For my PD150 that I had before I had a box which took it to 187bhp it flew and was getting 43-44mpg easily.....this 2.0 TDI 170 is a lot harder to keep economical and it is frantic with the box, had to take it out....however after 1400 miles it has loosened up nicely and goes very well, economy 33.3 mpg on urban....

cheers

LEONFRTDI2K6

Jealousy is a terrible thing, one thing I hate about the mk1 FR is the front bumper/valance it makes it look like a pig, much prefer the Cupras front. although I am swung with which alloys I prefer........

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Jealousy? I've only had my car a year and I'm not keen on the mk2's looks. Cupra and FR are the same if we're talking mk1 still?

If I was buying a car now I'd be going Audi and not spending 2.5k more than what I did on another SEAT.

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
AndyVTR said:
Jealousy? I've only had my car a year and I'm not keen on the mk2's looks. Cupra and FR are the same if we're talking mk1 still?

If I was buying a car now I'd be going Audi and not spending 2.5k more than what I did on another SEAT.

We looked at Audi A3s (TDI, Sportline and 5 door as we want the versatility). You're looking at £23.5K for something that's similarly equipped to the Mk2 Leon FR (which cost us 17K).

Now, 6.5K for the badge for arguably something that's a bit too "mature" just didn't make any sense to us.

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
I'd want a bit more grunt than what I have now so would probably looking at 2nd hand A4 3.0TDi's.

However seeing as I've had mine a year I'm not even looking.

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
AndyVTR said:
I'd want a bit more grunt than what I have now so would probably looking at 2nd hand A4 3.0TDi's.

Ah OK we hadn't considered something as big as that. The A3 (and Leon) are a big enough jump in size from the Ibiza my partner currently drives.

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
LEONFRTDI2K6 said:
I know what you mean about the addictive torque the tdi 170 is rev hungry loves racing right up to the 4200 mark

Right up to 4200rpm? you make it sound like a vtec:p

nice car mind, congrats

melidman

i thought there was a 12 volt socket in the back to it showed it in the sport and stylance in the catalogue, having ipod link fitted and chrome wing mirror covers dont like the silver painted effect on standard fr, have been told remap could see up to 210bhp that is reason enough to buy one if your having doubts

Nomag

i've never missed not having a 'cruise light' on my toledo, so I doubt I'll miss in when my FR arrives. After all, if I'm powering along without my foot on the accelerator, that's enough to tell me cruise is on!

dellyt5

Carnivor said:
my fr cruise light dosent come on either and i dont have any options, i tihnk its part of an option pack that gives the bigger display, i dont recall seeing it when it illuminates all led's upon ignition either, the manual isnt that useful either and im still narked that theres no rear ciggy lighter on the center console, website says theres 2.
I took delivery of my FR on 24/7 in standard spec and I have a lovely bright cruise control light illuminating on the odd occasion that I use it.
Some do, some don't it seems

melidman

no cruise light

i to have no options and no cruise light and only 1 12 volt. they are keeping my fr for a couple of days to find out whats wrong with it :cry: [:@] . they have give me an altea sport the 140 tdi is no slouch but im missing the 30 extra bhps from the fr. the altea is fitted with parking sensor, i thought that these would be a bit crap but having used it in car parks over this weekend i am impressed just how accurate they are at first i thought it was iterferance on radio lol

gixxerk4

my new FR doesnt have a light either fuel consumption a bit crap but my 150 FR was the same until about 7k well impressed with the new one though!! was first in scotland as far as I know lol

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
The cruise light only works if you have the bluetooth option with the larger MFD.

melidman

i was first in wales to get FR tdi great car its broke at the moment hope to get back tommorow, fault in engine manegment and emmision control lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.