how many days can one be late for a service before it affects the warranty.

seat_dude

Feb 2, 2008
hello,

how many days can one be late for a service before it affects the warranty.

the next service for my seat ibiza is due 30/12/09. i tried to get in before then but all garages are booked till the end of the new year. first appointments 04/01/10. if i am out by a week does this affect the warranty?

how much should i be expecting it to cost for a 3rd service. i have been quoted 300-340 for a 3rd service which includes air con and break fluid servicing. the garage offering the 300 service is out of the way and the garage offering the service for 340 is next door to me.

i tried to negotiate the next door one down stating that i had found a cheaper garage, the response was e will match it if you provided a written quotation. any ideas on how i can get a quotation? any online quotations out there?

306Chris

Jan 20, 2007
You will have nothing to worry about warranty wise over 4 days!! Although 3rd service is it 3 years old? You'll be coming out of warranty anyway!

I'm not sure what the going rate is but ask the cheapest garage to e-mail you a quotation

seat_dude

Feb 2, 2008
thanks for the reply,

it is going to be 3 years in may 2010. then that would mean irrespective of the service being 10 days out or 30 days out, the parts can not be guaranteed past may 2010, correct?

i will ask the garages to mail me a quotation.

Deleted member 13581

As long as it is serviced regularly using genuine parts fitted at a VAT approved garage then the warrenty will be fine.

The 3rd service is a small service consisting of an oil change and a general inspection. I take it you have covered 30k miles? They may change the brake fluid and recharge the air-con aswell if it hasnt been done. Make sure they give you the recharge reciept on the air-con to make sure they have done it. ;)

As for the warrenty running out, after May 2010 you will not be able to claim anything on warrenty so if anything goes wrong, you will have to pay for it yourself.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members