How many Exeos do you actually see on the road?

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Has anyone here seen many Exeos or Exeo STs on the road?

I can cover anything between 500 and 1000 miles a week - mostly on the M25/M1/M40/A40/A127 and so on, my work takes me around Herts, Essex, Cambs, Norfolk and Oxfordshire mostly with the occasional foray into the Midlands (Cov, Leics) and sometimes a bit further south around Surrey and Sussex.

I don't see that many. Are they a well kept secret or something? I'm thinking they must be.

Work took me from Watford to Norwich and back today, and I spotted 3 today which is definitely a first, a Silver ST on the M25, a bright blue Saloon on the A11 and a black Saloon on the M11.

When I got my C5 in 2009 it was a similar story but now they're quite popular. I'm looking forward to joining what appears to be a quite exclusive "club".

I'm up to 690 miles already this week... Probably off to Coventry on Friday, no idea what tomorrow will throw at me... Haha

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
Very few, until recently, when having looked out for them for ages my wife and I hadn't seen one, now we are suddenly seeing them every day or two - usually in horrid colours :) Not yet seen an Ada Blue ST.

almondo

Jul 18, 2011
Tamworth, Staffs
I agree, I cover approx 700 miles per week from Lincs down to Gloucs and see approx 1-2a week if that. Normally saloons when I do.

I like the fact that the outside lane is rammed full of Mondeos, 3 series and A4's.
The Exeo is definitely a rare Gem.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
See more ST types than the saloons around this way, and yes they do appear to be a well kept secret !! [ might also be to do with s/h values are crap - good if your buying but if you purchased from new. ....................................]

Philwowo

item.JPG

I agree I think they are a well kept secret but since I've had my gallic blue st every one has commented on how good it looks and ive seen a few more on the road in the last month or so.

I see more ST than saloons down in south Wales tho they seem to be more popular and I agree.

gcott

May 21, 2011
Hertfordshire
They'll be one more in Hertforshire soon as mine is now in transit.

But to answer the OP question, I've only seen a handful of Exeo's since mine was ordered. Latest ones were a black saloon on M25, emotion red saloon in Croxley Green, dakota red st, black st and a silver saloon on the A405

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Amusingly I saw a 59 plate silver ST on the M1 this morning!

Been looking out for them, bottom line is there aren't that many about!

Philwowo - that looks great :)

gcott - what have you ordered?

almondo

Jul 18, 2011
Tamworth, Staffs
Notched up 280 miles today around Shrewsbury and Milton Keynes and back to Birmingham. Only saw one Exeo (Saloon Silver 10 plate).

Cannot wait to get rid of my crappy Avensis.

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Lovely. Mine isn't due until January - don't need it until then but don't want to get delayed with the factory shutdown in August!

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
I have a black saloon - normally in the Reading area.

I have seen a dark grey saloon bombing around this area, and pulled up alongside a identical 11 plate black saloon the other day at J11 of the M4.

I often flash at ones I see coming the other way - in a headlight flashing way, not in an exposing myself way :)

Oh, and I spotted Oldoiler's motor in Reading Services a while back -

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MisterW

Apr 7, 2011
I very rarely see any, the last time was a week last Monday at the East Midlands services on the M1. If you're in the East Cheshire/South Manchester area though, you might see my SE Tech 2.0 Tdi(143) in Track Grey.

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
only seen one other round here, think if you not behine one they hard to spot from the side as they look to much like the old a4 funny that :p

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Hardly ever see them about, see plenty of nobbas driving insignias and mondeos though

They're all full of their own self importance too a.k.a "I drive a big car, move out of my way you pleb. I have a suit jacket hanging in the back, I am obviously important"

c**ts lol

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I see loads and I don't do that many miles, they are nearly as common as the new Focus RS round here, 10 a penny

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
you should them move outta my way when i coming down road see em try it on with others in front till they see our car and decide to move over. well we got a freelander 2 at the mo while we wait for our new car to come, which been told 29th not bad since ours ended up reared ended with in 2 hrs of getting it

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
I have a black saloon - normally in the Reading area.

Oh, and I spotted Oldoiler's motor in Reading Services a while back -

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Not doing the London run now, its Southampton........!! You have got yours now then !!, mines still pulling well and av 50-53mpg [ had to swop the tyres around at 10k - too much torque !!!!]

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Seen a few on my travels but not very many. I don't think I've seen another 170 one, all 140's. Come to think of it I'm not sure I've seen a 170 A4 either. That is assuming the same rule is true about the 170 A4 having the twin chrome tailpipes the same as the 170 Exeo.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise