How many miles after fuel warning light?

m4rk1988

Just wondering how many miles I should get after the light comes on? I've got 35 before, but I was driving like a granny!
Today i'm at work and done 23, with 9 miles to get home, and got no money on me.

It's an 05 1.4 sport.

Thanks.

m4rk1988

I thought 8 off the top of my head (but working with 7litres)

~1.5Gallons so if you get conservatively 30mpg from your 1.4 petrol? (sound about right??) you should have 45mi reserve from the light.

Not sure what I get to be honest, I don't have the trip computer.

I get about 135 miles for £20, just done some calculations and come out with 25 mpg, sounds a bit low but using that I should get 37.5 miles out of 7 liters.

So I should make it home tonight :)

Thanks.

J0N

Defected!
Just wondering how many miles I should get after the light comes on? I've got 35 before, but I was driving like a granny!
Today i'm at work and done 23, with 9 miles to get home, and got no money on me.

It's an 05 1.4 sport.

Thanks.

Turn off everything you dont need such as radio, rear screen heater, aircon, etc. Drive like a Granny (again). Wear a coat.

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
Yes, it does.

I only have a indicated 20 miles left once the red light comes one.

Is the trip counter calculated off your average MPG though? I remember driving back up M6 at the weekend, red light came on and said 40miles and i got about 50 and it then said 20miles.

Just dont trust it on a motorway and you'll be fine :)

wedgie27

LIL_WDG
Jul 1, 2008
Worcester
mine comes on at 45 remaining miles.....ive managed 50 and still had 5 left on trip comp?! not that id recommend tryin it!

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
As Damien says, yes it does. The alternator has to work harder to charge the battery. Try it, put on your miles left indicator with evrything switched on and then watch it increase when you switch everything off.

Blimey yeah I guess your right! Extra jumper and a silent journey for me tomorrow :D

pete34a

Jan 9, 2009
I recently ran for about 25 miles with the trip computer on '0 miles remaining'. That was in Scotland where fuel stations are very spread out and I forgot to fill up. It was a nervous drive!

I think you can go a lot further than the trip computer says, especially in a tdi.

pete34a

Jan 9, 2009
Haha! No it's not that bad. The main problem was the first fuel station was out of diesel, and I was already on the red light with '0 miles remaining'! I was not impressed and had to limp the next fuel stop 25 miles away.

It was my fault for not filling up earlier on when I had the chance.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise