How many miles after fuel warning light?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Trip computer in mine is very pessimistic - says 20 miles at beep, but I think I could easily get 30-40 out of it.

That said, I don't want to run the tank empty as I'll pick up all the cr*p that sits in the bottom of the tank, although constantly running on V-power I hope there isn't much of it anyway.

Lazy Jack

When the red light comes on I can do about another 40 miles or so.

20VT Andy

is it just me or does the fuel gauge seem to show loads left even though you have the warning light on?

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
is it just me or does the fuel gauge seem to show loads left even though you have the warning light on?

yep usually on mine its just above th 1/8th mark on the dial, from that point i have often cleared 60-70 miles from the moment that light comes on, i have once pushed 90 but i was brickin it at that point i can tell ya

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I recently ran for about 25 miles with the trip computer on '0 miles remaining'. That was in Scotland where fuel stations are very spread out and I forgot to fill up. It was a nervous drive!

I think you can go a lot further than the trip computer says, especially in a tdi.

I had that happen before when down south. I was still on the M1 with when it beeped and ended up crawling through Milton Keynes at 40 in 6th so I could get to Asda and fill it up before I ran out. It was at 0 for a good 5 mins. Nervous times!

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
I had that happen before when down south. I was still on the M1 with when it beeped and ended up crawling through Milton Keynes at 40 in 6th so I could get to Asda and fill it up before I ran out. It was at 0 for a good 5 mins. Nervous times!

Mines like that now, i had no cash on me so just about got it home, it started spluttering as i pulled on drive but im going to fill up later today so hope i make it, the station is about 1 mile, you think ill be OK?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.