How many miles on a tank?

Biggunsberry22

I recently got a Seat Leon FR+ TDi back in December 2011 i'm still trying to work how many miles I can get on a full tank? The fuel gauge goes down too quick?:confused:

For some comparison - between petrol and diesel, I get approximately 350 miles to 50 Litres.
And the tank is 55 Litres, I would say really its about 30-32mpg from a 2.0 FSI (non turbo) Leon.

Not sure how helpful my calculation there is, but you can kinda work out your diesel consumption from that.

Although remember you need to do a LOT more miles and also wear your engine in for the best MPG (they say the diesel engines need 15-20k before they really are getting their best consumption figures).

bevanoli

Jul 21, 2010
it will, depends on how you drive it.. I get around 550 to a tank, a tank costing me around £70/£75

If you drive at 60/70 you will get about 650 out of the tank

Biggunsberry22

Thanks, my computer is signing that I'm doing 50.2 mpg at the mo, is this good? I swapped from a Ibiza TDi FR and was getting good mpg the deal said that I should the same mpg?

Deleted member 62438

I'm averaging 35.35 mpg but it is mainly short(<5 miles) runs. School and all that. On long runs i can get high 40s or low 50s. Currently on 9000 miles.

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Mine creeps upto about 23MPG on the way to work after it's started warming through, but tbh my journey is only about 5'ish miles there and it can be very stop/start so i suppose ya can't expect great MPG:(

Saw about 30mpg on the m/way the other day sat cruising at about 70mph!, Didn't think that was particularly good if i'm honest, but i guess that's the price you'll have to pay for 265+bhp!!!

Would like to think i could maybe see 35/40mpg on a looooong run cruising sensibly but i guess that's never gonna happen!

Last edited:

patrick leon fr

i get 250 mile on a full tank average 19-22 mpg but mine is a 2.0 tfsi turbo remap plus double air intake 307 bhp 420 pound ov torck lol

L20NFR

Leon FR 215bhp 362 touque
Dec 5, 2010
I get 550 average outta my Leon fr , but it's remapped to 220 bhp with miltech dpf removal pipe. And the cars driven mixed medium. If I drove easy I'd get probable 600 outta a tank

SuperjohnG

I've had my CR FR 170 for about a month now.
It has stage 1 Revo.

I don't understand how everyone else is getting 50+mpg, I am averaging out on a full tank around some where between 430-470. Whcih works out anywhere between 33mpg (first week i had it so was gunning it everywhere) to 36 mpg (driving like a granny, with one or two short bursts during that tank) anyone else on stage 1 getting these low figures?

Most miles are done on the motorway, I'm 25 miles to work, 18 on the motorway.

Last edited by a moderator:

L20NFR

Dec 5, 2010
I've had my CR FR 170 for about a month now.
It has stage 1 Revo.

I don't understand how everyone else is getting 50+mpg, I am averaging out on a full tank around some where between 430-470. Whcih works out anywhere between 33mpg (first week i had it so was gunning it everywhere) to 36 mpg (driving like a granny, with one or two short bursts during that tank) anyone else on stage 1 getting these low figures?

Most miles are done on the motorway, I'm 25 miles to work, 18 on the motorway.

Have you got your dpf removed because that's we're the extra fuel economy is when it's scrapped

SuperjohnG

Have you got your dpf removed because that's we're the extra fuel economy is when it's scrapped

I shouldn't need to delete the dpf to get good figures, it's the CR engine. It's meant for it.

I should really be getting 45-50 mpg without deleting.

L20NFR

Dec 5, 2010
I shouldn't need to delete the dpf to get good figures, it's the CR engine. It's meant for it.

I should really be getting 45-50 mpg without deleting.

I realised that as soon as I sent you the last message lol. Not sure about the cr model, the way I see it any dpf is like trying to blow through a syringe, restricts your engine, it has to try harder to get rid off the exhaust gasses. With out a dpf you don't have to run as much boost to get bigger bhp. Well that's I was told by the bloke who remapped mine.

L20NFR

Dec 5, 2010
My DPF will be removed shortly, I hope I see an increase!

Just a quick note, the new mot rules is checking for dpf's being removed. Someone told me they can even check if the ecu has been tinkered with for dpf removal. ( I'm from northern Ireland and should be the same as main land uk) . If I were u get a scrap dpf from a breaker yard cut it open nice and clean and remove the center and weld it up again, that way it looks like u still got a dpf fitted. ( that was done to my brothers s-line 170 A4 and it worked )

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.