How many miles per full tank?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I don't really understand the backpressure issue, mine is basically a piece of 2.5" pipe turbo backwards and i havnt seen the hit in mpg. Could the ecu have become confused and not 'learnt' how to cope with the new set up? Cat damaged / blocked and making turbo less efficient? Maybe you could mock up a muffler out of steel wool or something add a bit back pressure. Like you say maybe the type of driving suits the turbo in different ways without the box...hmmm.

Really dont know, can't wait to dump the mufflerectomy though for a proper exhaust.

The cabin noise at contstant speeds are just annoying, its taken the please of driving the Leon away completely -

Hopefuly will book it into AwesomeGTI very soon, credit card is getting a good dusting down.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Booked into AwesomeGTI Saturday, 17/01/2009.

Milltek CAT Back - Non-Resonated, Twin Jet.

Cashed in some premium bonds that have never won jack sh!t, should have a mufflerectomy pipe for sale soon if anyone is reading this.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Booked into AwesomeGTI Saturday, 17/01/2009.

Milltek CAT Back - Non-Resonated, Twin Jet.

Cashed in some premium bonds that have never won jack sh!t, should have a mufflerectomy pipe for sale soon if anyone is reading this.
Good choice of exhaust. As for fuel problem...well dunno if you been following my thread but I have had all sorts of strange problems in my car. Fuel problem was duel to N75 valve. Could be same with yours? Looks like my MAF has gone too.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Good choice of exhaust. As for fuel problem...well dunno if you been following my thread but I have had all sorts of strange problems in my car. Fuel problem was duel to N75 valve. Could be same with yours? Looks like my MAF has gone too.

Yeh I've been following your progress thread closely, wish I lived near AMD too - they sound proper bo!

Your getting lots of limp mode though arn't u, I'm just getting a poor MPG return and no other problems at all now I've had the EGR race pipe.

This tank i'm on now will retun more than my usual 400miles though, i've already done 150miles and the needle is dead on 3/4 full, im usualy on 100 miles on the 3/4 mark.

Car is booked in to have its wheel bearings checked on Tuesday, the droning noise I get had dissapeared for about 40 miles when I took kids out for a meal on Friday - and I returned 48.6MPG which is the best i've had in yonks.

Now I'm back to 38MPG, and the drone noise is back at certain speeds.

Why cant my car be like KIT and just tell me whats wrong!!! [:@]:lol:

jaz205gti

Jan 1, 2009
hey guys i have cruise on my torledo if i use this i notice my avrage drop slighty does this happen to anyone else?
also going back to the remap in real world driving what would be the difference in driving? think its about 11 sec 0-60 mines the 110 tdi anybody else had thier 110 rempped?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yeh I've been following your progress thread closely, wish I lived near AMD too - they sound proper bo!

Your getting lots of limp mode though arn't u, I'm just getting a poor MPG return and no other problems at all now I've had the EGR race pipe.

This tank i'm on now will retun more than my usual 400miles though, i've already done 150miles and the needle is dead on 3/4 full, im usualy on 100 miles on the 3/4 mark.

Car is booked in to have its wheel bearings checked on Tuesday, the droning noise I get had dissapeared for about 40 miles when I took kids out for a meal on Friday - and I returned 48.6MPG which is the best i've had in yonks.

Now I'm back to 38MPG, and the drone noise is back at certain speeds.

Why cant my car be like KIT and just tell me whats wrong!!! [:@]:lol:
My Theory:
Although it may not feel like it, your N75 may be faulty so the ecu is compensating at the moment on boost levels and fueling hence your getting weird mpg levels. When your car is idling does it stink of diesel? If its not the n75 it could be your MAF reading wrongly causing more fuel to be pumped in the mix...

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
When your car is idling does it stink of diesel? If its not the n75 it could be your MAF reading wrongly causing more fuel to be pumped in the mix...

Yes my car does stink of diesel when idling, and it often spits out black splodges on the patio when I start it up.

Is there any way of logging the N75 healthyness?

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
What is or was the damage for replacing the N75 valve Maz.

Also Chris good choice on the exhaust (but then I would say that wouldn't I)

Any reason why you went for the non res rather than the quieter res exhaust?

Also AMD aren't a million miles away from me either - I had thought about it for future stuff.

thesmith11

I drive a leon cupra R remapped with dv filter n75j valve and only get about 250 miles out a full tank at about 18mpg . saying that i do drive it like i stole it. lol

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yes my car does stink of diesel when idling, and it often spits out black splodges on the patio when I start it up.

Is there any way of logging the N75 healthyness?
I think there is however I do not know. AmD know of course...

What is or was the damage for replacing the N75 valve Maz.
N75's are £30ish. I havent been charged for damage yet as not got car back :(

Hardly had the car for ages now...doing my head in.

Beto_sport

Around 800km/ 500 miles when i brim mi tank cost round 40€/ 53£, i have a 130 tdi engine in ibiza.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I've actualy got something free today. Still quite chuffed really.

Took my car to the local garage to where I work, asked them to check over the wheel bearings and make sure my friction components on the brakes are not sticking/binding.

Everything came back as fine and he aint charged me a penny. w0000h0000!!! :)

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Sorry for the delay.... Work.

Anyway the Seat has the resonated system as it is the quieter one of the two. No doubt the non res version will be so much more paletable than your mufflerectomy Chris.

That sounds like a nice cheap fix Maz for that valve. Bit of a result I reckon - job sorted (eventually - absolutely no offence to AMD as I appreciate things can take time to isolate) and relatively inexpensive.

Counting the weeks your car's been off road! :( Will be home soon :D

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Sorry for the delay.... Work.

Anyway the Seat has the resonated system as it is the quieter one of the two. No doubt the non res version will be so much more paletable than your mufflerectomy Chris.

That sounds like a nice cheap fix Maz for that valve. Bit of a result I reckon - job sorted (eventually - absolutely no offence to AMD as I appreciate things can take time to isolate) and relatively inexpensive.

Counting the weeks your car's been off road! :( Will be home soon :D
I must admit its taken AmD some time to isolate but they have been amazingly busy (result of being good i suppose).

They are changing the MAF tomorrow so hopefully the car shouldnt go into limp mode and it should free up some lost horses.

Apparently the mpg too has shot up since the n75 valve.

Deleted member 28319

484 miles and then 11.1 gallons of regular shell to refill. Daily commute to work is 10 miles in average traffic so 43.5 mpg, not great really.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.