How much are FR seats worth?

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
I am looking at doing up all my interior now and have been looking around to get some new seats. I have several options but have seen some and would like to know what price people would pay for them.

Here are my options:

1. Fit FR seats and later re-trim them in Leather?
2. Just fit FR seats and leave them.
3. Re Trim my current seats in Leather

Would love some cupra bucket seats but they are hard to get hold of. Also is there much difference in standard seats/FR seats regarding shape and comfort? Other than the material used.

What are your views on this?

Thanks

Last edited:

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
I have an FR and they are way better than standard seats much more comfortable with better side bolsters than standard seats go to a seat show room and sit in an FR

as for the above I would pick option 2 :)

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
they're cloth seats slightly different on the bolsters to the centre sections also red stitched and have the logo's in pop down to your dealer the new FR seats are the same just minus the logo's I have to say of all the cars I have had these have been the most comfortable and I do a lot of miles sometimes 4 hours without stopping and still feel fine
the ones in the ebay link are just a library pictures so I would want to see proper pics or the actual seats before buying them though

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Thanks. I have requested pictures of them so will see how they are. The second link, I called the guy and there is no interior to the car.

Will buy them and have the centre section where the logo is changed to white possibly

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Can't seem to see the difference between the red sport seats and the black fr seats? If you were going to get them re trimmed then id buy the sport seats as i bet there cheaper and the same shape

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I installed hand-made German leather to my seats and they feel a whole lot better than the standard cloth. They are of very, very excellent material, match the interior of the car, and are awesome for winter temperature and at the same time don't make you sweat in the summer. The only downside is that they cost me a lot, but they do make the interior look and feel a whole lot nicer.

I'll take a picture tonight.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
I installed hand-made German leather to my seats and they feel a whole lot better than the standard cloth. They are of very, very excellent material, match the interior of the car, and are awesome for winter temperature and at the same time don't make you sweat in the summer. The only downside is that they cost me a lot, but they do make the interior look and feel a whole lot nicer.

I'll take a picture tonight.

Would love to see this :)

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I am really sorry I completely forgot to take pictures, I just got back. Well, it'd be better if I take pictures in the morning anyhow before I go to university. I'll make sure I post them tomorrow afternoon. Sorry!

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Dont spend money making it look like an FR. Save up and buy one lol...

My aim is not to make my car look like an FR or cupra or anything. I just want comfort thats all. But not really bothered if they say FR as was going to have that section taken out and just have white leather there

@Tarek, thanks :)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I must say I agree with you, Masterkm, it has nothing to do with trying to look like a certain car but rather the comfort, and you clearly stated that in the first post.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
I must say I agree with you, Masterkm, it has nothing to do with trying to look like a certain car but rather the comfort, and you clearly stated that in the first post.

Yup, Im making the car look the way I want it too, none of these badges to state anything mate. Going to make it stand out inside out :) May cost me an arm and a leg to do it but I can then stand back and see that Im proud of what I have done with it and burn it to the ground hahahaha.

Looks like at this rate, seats will be the last thing going into my car, Oh well. Good things come to those who wait :)