how much does a performance exhaust increase insurance

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
hey guys,

got aa quote today for a new performance exhaust. will be custom made for my ibiza 1.2s. a lot of people say "its not worth it" but sticking with a panel filter and a new exhaust is worth it in any car in my opinion. lots of threads on here about it but none to say how much i can expect my insurance premium to rise by when i tell them. i have been quoted for a cat-back custom made (im assuming this means from the cat to the tail pipe!) at 269 fitted, and 199 fitted for just a back box. your thoughts and advice?

many thanks

G

Deleted member 13581

Best advice i can give, is phone your insurance company and say you are thinking about this mod. They will tell you how much you can expect to pay extra.

To be honest though, its not going to make much of a difference to your 1.2, so shouldnt be that much. Its just for cosmetic looks and a little noise.

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
cheers andy, so would you recommend a full system or a back box? and what are the differences in performance? im not expecting it to be a cupra but ive heard it lets the engine breathe a bit better? 2-3bhp? if that? thanks :)

p.s do you work for seat (only asking coz of you picture!)

G

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
thanks chris :) il ring up. what gains did you get frm it? being a cupra id imagine you noticed a diff?

Deleted member 13581

Nah, dont work for them. :lol: Wish i did though for the discounts.

For the extra £70, i would get the full system. As you say 2-3bhp of a difference on your car isnt going to be huge, but every little bit helps. Might even crack the 70bhp mark. ;)

Chris has probably done other mods or will be doing other mods and the exhaust was recommended to increase exhaust flow.

_chris_

Jul 6, 2008
in the car
yeah other things are in the pipeline, just saving up for satge 2. ive not noticed any real differance due to the snow, but it sounds really good now.

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
70bhp to me is better than what i started with and thn i can concentrate on the outside of the car, just need a few scratches sprayed and il be happy :) so you reckon id get the extra bhp? i hope so for 270 quid!!

Deleted member 13581

Well it wont be as restrictive so probably get a little increase. You've already changed the panel filter, so that should help aswell.

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
thinking about modifying the airbox as its in the engine cover, so i can have a carbon induction kit on it and then put the engine cover back on, got a new engine cover and going to remove the airbox and other restricting plastic bits so i can put an elbow pipe on the intake and slot the cover back on :) what you reckon? max air in and max air out via new exhaust. cant be bad :p who says you cant mod a 1.2 aye!