How much power 110 with vnt17va

Beefy-Toledo

Jan 31, 2009
How much power and torque could i expect if i had a 110asv remapped with a very fresh 130pd turbo and uprated injectors? im sure a few people have done this. im guessing 200 is out of the question? also what pressure can the turbo take?

brad1

Take a look at my readers ride thread and my signature, got those figures the day it was mapped, and its much quicker now its had time to adapt, i am still running standard smic and will have a fmic soon ;)

Beefy-Toledo

Jan 31, 2009
Id be very happy if i got around 180-190. is this achievable do you think? how much harer does your leon pull now that is has the 130 turbo?

brad1

You won't get anywhere near 180-190 bhp on a 130 turbo, you will need a bigger injection pump and maybe with a 150 turbo and bigger injection pump you may see 180+ bhp, it also pulls much harder now, definately recommended to put a bigger turbo on your 110 ;)

Beefy-Toledo

Jan 31, 2009
Oryt good good. how fresh was the turbo you have on. the turbo i should be getting has got 6k miles on it so should pull much harder than my current vnt15 which is probably a bit tired.

*im guessing the 130 turbo can take around 1.8bar?
*is it definitely worth the upgrade then mate?

Just one last question regarding fitment....... what pancake pipe did you use and how much did it cost, as i understand the standard 110 one does not fit the red 130 outlet pipe. was there anything else you had to change buddy?

brad1

The turbo I got had done 40k and was in fine condition, it can take a safe boost limit of around 1.5bar, oh and you will need the red pipe from turbo and it will fit your current plastic pancake pipe as I've still got this ;) oh and it's definately worth the upgrade, you won't regret it

Beefy-Toledo

Jan 31, 2009
good job mate. yeah so your turbo was pretty fresh as well then. cant wait to get this done now.

so my list is as follows
*130 turbo
*red pipe
*injector upgrade
*another remap

and thats all? did u need a new oil line and did u just re use old gaskets?

brad1

Ontop of your list I had a pd150 egr manifold and pd150 airbox to turbo pipe, 150egr delete race pipe, I had mine fitted by AmD and they supplied all the various gaskets and new pipes etc for a certain price mate

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
I had the PD150 turbo put on also at AmD, hit 170 BHP on a fooked exhaust! ive had a full on mufflerectomy now and could be anywhere between 175 and 185 bhp! will have to get another RR done soon!!!

SmallEngine

You don't need a bigger injection pump, that pump (sometimes with an 11mm or 12mm head admittedly) runs truck engines. Mainly it's the ecu & injectors that govern fueling.

You can easily put in nozzles that even withut a chip will put in so much fuel you'll destroy your engine.

Read tdiclub.com.

The PD 130 turbo isn't an upgrade really, it's still a GT1749Vx series, as is the stock one. So give or take, you'll get up to around 150hp, 160 tops. The PD, which breaths a bit more efficiently, tops out around 180-200 and needs less air to make power without smoke due to better fuel injection.

With a new turbo eg a GT2056v and a few mods eg exhaust, intake, FMIC, PP764 injectors, remap you'll easily get or break 200bhp.

A few have over 250hp but the main problem then seems to be the head lifting/head gasket not sealing. The PD's seem a better bet then as up to 350hp they seem to hold together.

Best bet for you is existing turbo, or the pd one, exhaust, big FMIC, chip & enjoy 150-160ish bhp.

Greg.

How much power and torque could i expect if i had a 110asv remapped with a very fresh 130pd turbo and uprated injectors? im sure a few people have done this. im guessing 200 is out of the question? also what pressure can the turbo take?

brad1

Well with my mods i got 160bhp and they said the injection pump was holding back and i would need a bigger one, also ive never seen a PD run 350bhp :shrug:

SmallEngine

You are aware that injection pump, among others, runs a MWM 4.2 litre which in twin turbo form puts out over 500hp?

Here is a pic of a PD prepped up that runs over 400hp:

go to www chipforum.cz/files/snmka030_452.jpg

Anyhow, we all have our opinions. Before believing 'it's the pump mate' I'd be asking questions such as the the quantity adjuster maxed out, what head are you running (9, 10, 11 or 12mm - usually it's 10mm) and why it's the injection pump holding you back when you can quite easily buy a set of injectors that will put so much fuel in your engine, on a STOCK pump, that you'll need con rods, head mods, bigger turbo, bigger IC to name a few things just to provide enough air to feed the fuel you'll get....

Look up Kerma Race 520 nozzles on the web, easy to find.

I run powerplus 764 and on a stock 110tdi with NO CHIP or other mods it performs similarly to a 130pd, stronger low end and pre-boost, not quite as hard on full boost (it's not chipped so running stock conservative levels). With a chip, it won't be running out of fuel any time soon on a stock turbo.....

Greg.

Well with my mods i got 160bhp and they said the injection pump was holding back and i would need a bigger one, also ive never seen a PD run 350bhp :shrug:

brad1

Im running the T4 nozzles on my standard injectors which should take atleast 190bhp, i cant see it being any other factor, it is a 10mm pump, i was told it would need to be uprated to a 11mm pump for more power

dieselhead1

Hi, would you be getting a front mounted intercooler/
If not, i wouldn't go above 160 bhp/ 260 lb ft

brad1

Hi, would you be getting a front mounted intercooler/
If not, i wouldn't go above 160 bhp/ 260 lb ft

Yeah, I am getting one very soon, why do you say don't go over 160bhp, my mates 130 leon was running 180bhp and 320ftlb on smic

Beefy-Toledo

Jan 31, 2009
I am personally going to stick with the smic for a while anyway. My old bora was running 177bhp with no issues. and i know of alot of other 130's running similar power. can't see why it would be any different on a 110 engine as its the same turbo being cooled.

Spoke to my tuner and he says 170 bhp is acheivable with this conversion so im looking forward to it as i know he is a very capable mapper. :p

brad1

Simple, too much heat WILL cause damage

Mine has been running fine in this weather, ive noticed a tiny amount of heatsoak, but nothing major, but i rarely put my foot down during the day because of local plod

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
You won't get anywhere near 180-190 bhp on a 130 turbo,

Are you talking about on the engines that started off as 110? Mine is a 130 and is running 186bhp on a KKK 130 turbo.

For the original poster - I have a Garrett GT1749VA for sale if you want it! (off a PD130 Golf).