How much track action can a Cupra Tdi handle

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Ok,

I;ve done 2 ring visits since buying the Ibiza back in Novemeber, The cupra was bought really to give me some cheap running ( which compared tot he mini its rediculously low running costs) but also so that when i do cruise over to the ring i can do som cheaply ( as i do about 10 visits a year).

However got the chance to do a trackday at the ring including the Gp circuit too ( so full track) in April and was wondering how well the Cupra tdi will hold up to it, i won;t be going mad and will probably be doing 3/4 laps at a time ( as its close on 16 miles a full lap + gp)

I'm not woried about handling etc, but more about engien relaibility of taking that constant abuse, i always feel like its a little bit wrong thrashing a diesel ona track compared to a petrol, even thought it revs less etc. Am i just being paranoid

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
think you're just paranoid mate :) revving a petrol to its limit is just as bad as revving a diesel to its limit...only way you'd really do damage is to rev a diesel into 9k revs which would burst into flames probably

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I did lap after lap in mine at bedford, everything seemed spot on. If the belt is due, i would get it done to be safe. Other than that i see no problem in giving it some, so long as the oil is up to temp then it should be smooth running.

Most i did was 8 laps of bedford in a row, which is a 32 miles :lol:

In the wet the cupra was superb, my mate in his type r couldnt keep up through the bends, he was getting massive understeer and snap oversteer. He had 15mph advantage down the straight, but i made that up easily under braking. Not that we were racing ;)

LMP_0287.jpg

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
i think i am being a little paranoid now,

ps standard suspension only looks good going round a corner....lol

111_7135-1.jpg

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
i need to go to ring guys what the brakeing like with the 4pot aps cose i getting mine fr fitted with them soooon:D, o kahn what type r was you not raceing lol!?

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
i need to go to ring guys what the brakeing like with the 4pot aps cose i getting mine fr fitted with them soooon:D, o kahn what type r was you not raceing lol!?

Civic type r ep3, there rubbish in the wet, and the brakes are not as good. But dont tell the vtec fan boys as they will argue with you till there blue in the face.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.