1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

How to - Change Brake Light Switch

Discussion in 'Mk1 Leon FAQ's (1M) 2000-2006' started by Stan 24v, Oct 27, 2007.

1. rogercupra

rogercupra Active Member

Does euro car parts do this switch as I rang them with the part number but they can't find it, they asked me what colour mine is which I don't know as I'm at work

2. JadeDin

JadeDin Active Member

Awesome guide. I used this to replace the switch but still have no brake lights and still have the flashing glow plug light

I have changed the bulbs and checked the fuse

The LED strip brake light is lit all the time yet is much brighter when the brake pedal is pressed

Any ideas? I don't know what to try next

**EDIT**

Problem now solved!! Turns out the bulb holder had shorted. So if anyone else has this problem inspect the bulb holders :)

#162 JadeDin, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  3. BamBam81

BamBam81 Active Member

Great guide and loved the pictures. :D Made the whole job of finding the screw positions and removing the lower panel a breeze. It made it a lot easier than it looked. Had a problem with the brake lights not coming on until I pressed the pedal quite a bit. But after removing and re-seating the brake light switch, they come on sooner, perfect. No new switch needed this time :)

4. kanyewest

kanyewest Active Member

will this part work in a mk4 ibiza? im having trouble finding the part number for that