How to check gps satellite signal?

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
Anyone knows how do I check how many satellites my gps has connected to and their strength? I tried to find in navigation but no luck so far.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
I figured it out myself. In the navigation menu. Split screen mode, there is an option to see the position. It shows the number of satellites connected.
1fa298fc5ddfcf7aabcee9b760cf64af.jpg

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I figured it out myself. In the navigation menu. Split screen mode, there is an option to see the position. It shows the number of satellites connected.
1fa298fc5ddfcf7aabcee9b760cf64af.jpg

Thanks for that, I vaguely remember seeing that somewhere before but had forgotten it.

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
I am still getting 0/16 satellites, sometimes 4/16 but the location is really bad. my 100 quid worth phone does a better job getting my location than this gps. anyone can suggest what can I do?
its really annoying, when I am driving I see my car in the screen flying like airplane across all the streets.
No error related to antenna, in GEM it shows GPS Antenna Status OK. no fix.

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
You may have a faulty GPS aerial. If the aerial does not work, the aerial cable alone can pick up some of the stronger satellite signals. The GPS aerial is usually under the centre loudspeaker grill on the dashboard. It is a simple circuit board approximately 5cm square with a blue connector. You could try disconnecting this to see what effect it has. If you do, take care not to allow the cable to fall into the recess.

Reactions: Walone

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
I am still getting 0/16 satellites, sometimes 4/16 but the location is really bad. my 100 quid worth phone does a better job getting my location than this gps. anyone can suggest what can I do?
its really annoying, when I am driving I see my car in the screen flying like airplane across all the streets.
No error related to antenna, in GEM it shows GPS Antenna Status OK. no fix.
are you sure its plugged into the right connection on the harman unit ?

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
I have tried three antennas till now, two Chinese antennas, and one OEM.
One Chinese antenna was able to detect that I am driving on the road and not in the middle of jungle when I put it outside over the roof sticking magnetically.

The OEM antenna fluctuates the altitude from 20000 meters to -17meters randomly while driving.

In OBDEleven, I have open circuit for DAB, where the GPS antenna status is OK. If I remove the antenna, OBDEleven scan shows open circuit for antenna too.
Checked, It is plugged to correct port, the port for DAB has different plastic edges so it doesn't fit there.

My antenna cable is 5 meter long (amazon purchased) that I suspect could be culprit, though I checked the continuity and if there is any short-circuit using my multi-tester. The cable looks ok. However, I think using 5 meter cable and making a huge loop of cable to make it shorter might cause some loss of signal.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

I checked 5F adaptations ( gps, galileo, glonass,compass set to on).
In GEM, shows 'Antenna OK, No fix. '

I heard from some folks over VW forum that GEM was causing some issues with navigation, so I disabled the GEM too.

I have a guy helping me check my antenna and cable on his seat Leon to filter the causes. Will keep posting..