How to confirm that a map has been erased/forgotten

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
I've had my car remapped quite a few years ago. I'm sure I've had a battery change since then. I'm also pretty certain that the stage 1 map is not in operation. Is there a way to confirm. I have to say this. You do get used to a map and isn't always glaringly obvious from the performance point of view until it is put back on. I don't fancy paying money to have it dynoed. advice?

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
The map won't be forgotten just because the battery has been changed.

Chances are you've got a boost leak or something sapping power.

Deleted member 103408

This is the quote from Revo on this issue of what can happen when battery is disconnected on the TFSI cars.

NOTE: Software settings will default to equivalent of stock (B1, F0, T0) when the battery is disconnected. An SPS or your Revo dealer can be used to reset the performance mode settings.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
no it isn't. I have heard that settings can be lost and I'm suspicious that this has happened.

TBH, I don't think many maps use settings (especially if they are custom dyno'd). They are just flashed. So if it's not Revo it's likely ok. If you wanted to try an old wives tale and have an OBD connector and torque app you can measure the max G/S off the maf and * by 0.8. This is supposed to be in the area for engines without aftermarket intakes.

Jester

Aug 17, 2018
If you've not done many miles since the battery change it could just be the fuel trims etc sorting themselves out aka adaption.
Some people notice a considerable difference after a couple of hundred miles.

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
If you've not done many miles since the battery change it could just be the fuel trims etc sorting themselves out aka adaption.
Some people notice a considerable difference after a couple of hundred miles.
Thanks for this
Had it a few years now. I'm either used to the power or something has happened. I'm not sure. Either way I want to upgrade. Getting bettered by a lot of e class Mercedes on the off. I know they have this bi turbo but I'm not having it

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk